It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 pm

irc channel 
Contributor
Contributor

Post irc channel
This may/may not be the right section. if so please move it :mrgreen:

So, I think this crowd isn't exactly an irc crowd but I'll be quick to the point:
Should we specify a channel for Stick people to hang out in? And if so, what server?

I ask this because I'm not much of a forums person, and were it not for the RSS I'd miss much of what's going on here (I don't follow stickwire as it is :x).
I'm usually 'locks' in any network were it is available, and I hang around freenode, quakenet, PTnet, if anyone wants to reach me :P

cheers and good interneting.

[edit] manny could even set this up as the chatroom: http://webchat.freenode.net?nick=sticki ... apmanstick

Skype Me™!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Post Re: irc channel
I hang out in a couple of channels on freenode, and on gamersconflict nick is normally supermanjnk. I would be interested in an IRC channel but it doesn't look like this received much response.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post How To: going on irc channel
Hello all!

A member asked me how to access the irc channel, and since we have a couple of people there (ok, 3) most of the time (accounting timezones) I'll post a more step to step guide.

Here we go, in 10 easy steps.:
1. go to this site
1.1. bookmark it for later usage
2. Image
3. Image

hope it's informative enough. cheers and happy tapping!

Skype Me™!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey all, I'm actually the op (operator) of the #chapmanstick channel
I Saw Greg popped into the channel and he asked how to change his nickname so here are a few commands for those new to IRC

To change your nickname type: /nick then the desired nickname
Example: /nick foo

To see a list of who is online currently (Though we may be idle) type /names

To private message another user type: /msg nickname message
Example: /msg locks hey how's it going
Depending on the client you use to connect this may open a new tab

Register your nickname (This lets you register a nickname to form a sort of identity)
/msg nickserv register password email address (It is recommended to use a secure password that you can remember)
Example /msg nickserv register bar foo@bar.com

After you have registered you can "Authorize" yourself with /msg nickserv identify nickname password
Example: /msg nickserv identify foo bar

Registering and identifying with nickserv allows us to give you additional privileges in the channel (For instance, if you type to many messages in rapid succession you might get auto-kicked out of the channel)

Anyway, If you have any questions feel free to message me here or on IRC. My Nick is supermanjnk and I'm pretty much always online (though often idle)

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Hey all,

Just a reminder for everyone to come hang out in the IRC channel sometime. It gets kinda lonely in there with only two people. If you have any problems connecting, let me know. I see people pop in every so often, but no one seems to stay for long. I am pretty much always connected, (as supermanjnk, I idle a lot.) If you "highlight" me (put my nick into your message) I may notice and come and chat if I'm around my computer.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

What is an "IRC Channel" and how does that differ from the live chat here on Stickist?
Thanks

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery