It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Free Hands Academy 2016 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Free Hands Academy 2016
All, I have confirmed with Emmett that we are clear for Free Hands Academy 2016. Our event will be hosted by the AJU - all 27 beautiful acres of it, complete with work out rooms, pool tables and single or double occupancy rooms.

We have acquired a new domain and are in the process of moving our site to the new location, so if you are looking to setup monthly payments or lock in an early bird discount, please watch this thread for updates. I have spoken with a number of Stick instructors in our community who have indicated their interest and availability, so announcements with regards to our staff will be available within the month. Robin (who is really more like Batman in this case...) and I will be coordinating events, all of which will be available to view online once our site migration is complete.

If you have attended an FHA event before, you know that we take this event very seriously, check the mission statement. It is serious fun. I am also looking to save everyone serious money - as always, so start thinking about who you want to room with or if you are able to make a single payment by check.

This year's calendar is going to feature more performance time. We'll have a percussionist on staff to work with and more time together in smaller groups. AND, this year, we're going to have a t-shirt. If your name is received by August 1, it will have your name on it.

It is a rare moment that we, as Stick players, get to spend time with so many other players that are as passionate about music and the instrument for such extended periods of time. We eat, learn and love Chapman Stick for 4 days straight.

It is even more rare to be able to meet the creator of this instrument that has brought us so much joy. Emmett led classes in improvisation as well as on Setup of the instrument that were enjoyed by all. Every imaginable question on setup was asked and answered by the Maestro himself. He has agreed to join us for Friday and Saturday this year, so we can expect that everyone will get a chance to get a little 1:1 time with Emmett!

Finally, Stick Enterprises will be on campus offering 10% discounts on all their merchandise; stands, CDs / DVDs, instructional books, strings and accessories all available at a discount and free of shipping. FHA will be working with Cambria at SE to ensure that your orders are received and waiting for you on Saturday when you get back from lunch.

It's the most wonderful Stick time of the year and I am hopeful that you will be able to join us. Opportunities to enroll will be available by Monday, April 25. Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for making the FHA possible.

All the best - Gene

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Free Hands Academy 2016
This looks very interesting...for the new and uninformed...what/where is "...the AJU"

edit: never mind...it helps to go to the link :oops:

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:59 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Ill be there for sure!! Thanks, Gene!!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:05 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

That sounds amazing, thinking thinking....

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Great news, Gene!

I don't think I'll make it again in August though... but there's always hope, so we'll see later :)

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:05 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm putting away my pesos and the timing for this is absolutely perfect!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Ah dudes...have a good time....I can't go...

For those of you on the fence.....get yer butts to LA. It's a great experience and time to connect with the friends you only meet here online.

Cheers,
Kev

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I won't even GET my stick until (probably) July... Probably ought to sit this one out...

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:41 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Michael, it will be the best possible time! Please believe me, the event will provide a great starting point for you. I attended my first event in first 4 months that I had my Stick - so much better learning in this context.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I will be there in spirit, which should be enough to get my point across. Hoping that it will be an intense event -- fiery, cerebral and urgent.

Alas, it is not in my cards in so many ways. I was a badass stickist, if I do say so myself. I will go out on a limb and say I could still work that crowd if a plane ticket and stick were in my possession.

Have fun, folks. I'll be sure to make a toast to you when the time arrives.

K Rex

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:32 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next