It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

Bob & Belew Tasks at Hand(s) 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Bob & Belew Tasks at Hand(s)
On the 24th of January I have my first U.S. debut with Stickmen (Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto and I) in NYC opening for Eddie Jobson's UKZ with Trey Gunn. I just received my new 12 string after borrowing one of Tony's for a few months to get used to having 2 more strings under my fingers after leaving my 10 string behind. Why move to 12? Well my roll in the Stickmen is essentially to play basslines with Tony but also play the chords,bowed sections, melodies, all of the solos and occasionally drums with Pat. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3gLQSACogA[/youtube] The 2 additional strings has broadened my range and helped me hit those really high squealing notes on so many of our heavier peices. Of course we will be covering some Crimson tunes...this is where 'Bob and Belew" come into play. These are the nicknames I have given to my hands while playing these KC covers. My right hand plays all of the Robert Fripp parts and my left of course the Adrian Belew parts. The 12 string makes it all easier and is my new best friend...Emmett you have come through again! I encourage everyone in the Tri-state area to try and make it out to this show.It will be quite amazing to have so many talented musicians on one stage for this one time show! Cheers! Michael Bernier
http://www.myspace.com/michaelbernierchapmanstickist

Last edited by michaelbernier on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:05 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Bob & Belew Tasks at Hand(s)
Hi Micheal,

Great to have you here. It's an mazing amount of musical ground the two of you are covering. And I love how dynamic the performance is.

Looking forward to much more from the Stick Men. I hope the show gets recorded.

Thanks for posting.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Excellent video! The two Sticks cover a lot of ground and a tribute to the players. I also love the 2 drummer Bill Bruford assault in the beginning. I am glad to see Eddie Jobson touring again. Viva la beautiful music.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi Michael

It is a great honor to have you here (does Tony ever check the sight out?)

Will there be any cd/mp3 documentation of the "stick men"?

This is a great community. We have The amazing Steve Adelson and Greg Howard contributing all the time and of course EMMETT CHAPMAN. So...your experience and insight
especially as a touring stickist would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance

Brett

www.myspace.com/jazzstick
Last bumped by michaelbernier on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 am.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 am
Profile My Photo Gallery