It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 am

Paul Koors album is now available.. 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Paul Koors album is now available..
Hi everyone,

Well you've been reading my posts about this for months, and the album is finally here.

I had the honor and pleasure of producing this record, playing all the bass parts on The Stick (mostly by plucking the strings), and also alto sax and a little backing vocals... It's not a genre I've played before (country-rock-Americana), but I really like the songs, and I hope you will, too.

ALL proceeds from the sale of this record go to the Paul Koors Memorial Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit that supports research into and awareness of aortic dissection disease, music education in songwriting and spreading Paul's songs around.

Physical CDs and downloads available from CD Baby

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/paulkoors1

Also available from iTunes, Apple Music, google play, spotify, etc...all relevant links here:

https://song.link/album/us/i/1482538748

Thanks for checking it out!

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Paul Koors album is now available..
good on ya, Greg!!

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rclere wrote:
good on ya, Greg!!

Thanks, Randy!

I've really enjoyed focusing on "being the bass player"..

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:16 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

My wife and I were fortunate to be able to attend the debut of The Paul Koors Band and witness Greg's debut as "the bass player." However, he did much more.

First, the show raised money for a great cause and was a tribute to Paul Koors and his family. There were many powerful moments in the show that highlighted Paul's life, family, friends, and how he expressed himself through his music.

We had a chance to speak with Paul's mother. She asked how we knew Paul and we explained we were friends of Greg. Her face lit up and she expressed profound gratitude to Greg and his work on the album for organizing the benefit. The event meant so much to her.

The band played together as if they had performed the music for years. Greg's approach to the bass parts was similar to an upright bass player but he seamlessly switched to two-handed tapping adding in leads, harmonies and other colors on the melody side. He also pulled out a saxophone for one song. Paul was a gifted songwriter and storyteller.

Now that I am back, I have started listening to the album and I encourage you to pick up the album.

Alto Stick, Padauk, Stickup
Stick Guitar Bamboo EMG

http://jeremycubert.com
https://jeremycubert.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/jeremycubert

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

jacubert wrote:
My wife and I were fortunate to be able to attend the debut of The Paul Koors Band and witness Greg's debut as "the bass player." However, he did much more.

First, the show raised money for a great cause and was a tribute to Paul Koors and his family. There were many powerful moments in the show that highlighted Paul's life, family, friends, and how he expressed himself through his music.

We had a chance to speak with Paul's mother. She asked how we knew Paul and we explained we were friends of Greg. Her face lit up and she expressed profound gratitude to Greg and his work on the album for organizing the benefit. The event meant so much to her.

The band played together as if they had performed the music for years. Greg's approach to the bass parts was similar to an upright bass player but he seamlessly switched to two-handed tapping adding in leads, harmonies and other colors on the melody side. He also pulled out a saxophone for one song. Paul was a gifted songwriter and storyteller.

Now that I am back, I have started listening to the album and I encourage you to pick up the album.
Jeremy, Thanks so much fro you and Amy coming down to the show. I hope you dig the album. I really tried to pay attention to the totality and flow of it. To me it comes off as "more" than a collection of songs... but I've been very close to it for a long time.

We filmed the show, so expect some videos soon. In the meantime, I encourage the rest of you to check it out. Great songs for a great cause!

http://paulkoorsfoundation.org

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery