It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:55 pm

Virtual performances / Preferred viewing?? 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Virtual performances / Preferred viewing??
I am planing on giving some free live performances through the internet and have a couple questions.
1, What is your preferred forum? Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, other? Can I do more than one at a time?
2, Time of day for you?
3, Best chat option? I would like to briefly chat a bit at the end of most songs. Most music will be improvisations.
4, I would like to have a tip jar but not have it mandatory. This is my way of giving back. How is this done?
5 Finally, what is the best way to have a virtual group discussion. I am looking into having a free group question and answer session. Should I limit this to 10, 20 people?

In these times we are all looking for less social distancing instead of the distancing we need in the physical world.

As you can see, I am not exactly proficient at internet tech. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best to everyone!

Bob

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Virtual performances / Preferred viewing??
Hey Bob!

I've been doing live streaming on Facebook. Folks can comment while you're playing, which can get a little crazy, but it's fun. If you make it a FaceBook event, people can put it on their calendars. I assume you can add a "donate button" if you want. My feeling is that people are looking for something new to do and a way to have community while they are isolated.

This is probably the best thing about Facebook.

My next lesson is happening tomorrow afternoon, and I'll probably do some spontaneous live performances as well... It's all archived if you want it to be...

Stay well, my friend!

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:27 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I agree with Greg. Facebook is the best interactive option
I guess it’s quite friendly even for technically challenged people-Greg’s first session went great (maybe except for the mirror video-which was fixed right after the session-so maybe you should take that to your consideration before your session)

Also his schedule is optimal for U.S residents and Europe (where I guess most stick player live)

And also I can’t thank you, Greg and Steve enough for these great session in this terrible situation we’re going through.
Although compared to other parts of the world, we are avarage
Economically, here in Israel, half a million unemployed (out of 9 million residents)
and still going up expected to reach 1 million unemployed soon.

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:37 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I've seen last night on FB Nate Lopez who was playing his 8 strings guitar and he put a Paypal link to give money for people who wanted to donate. He was really good...and he commented to thanks donators. He was also reading comments between each song...like you want to do.

Good luck

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Bob, and one and all! I'd love to tune in to your live stream when possible. For me personally, Facebook is my preferred method for watching interactive performances. It's pretty reliable too.
I would gladly contribute a donation, preferably via Pay Pal too, if you can create or post a link to Pay Pal on Facebook, or however you can.

I live in the Eastern Standard Time Zone...the best time for watching for me is in the evening, which would translate to late afternoonor early evening for yourself. But I'm flexible....if you are there, I'm there too!

Great idea Bob, thank you for your efforts and inspiration!
Bill Farmer
Interlochen 2019 Stick Workshop Student

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:43 pm