It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 pm

I understand that recently there was a meet up ... 

Post I understand that recently there was a meet up ...
There was a meet up, like a convention for Stick players and Enthusiasts.
I would like to help organize a meet up here in Rio de Janeiro. I am not interested in making money doing this. I just would love for people to come to Rio!

Rio is a beautiful city to visit as we receive over 2 million tourists a year. Dont believe all the media bs about Rio being dangerous. Rio is like any big city and sure it has crime. Unless you are drunk or looking for illegal activities, you wont have a problem here.

I was thinking as the prices for hotels are still very reasonable and the money exchange for visitors would be awesome. And we could use the hotel's convention room to have our Stick Convention...

The best months to come to Rio are after the beginning of March until November. Prices are higher the closer you get to christmas, new years or carnival.

Anyone interested in helping me organize this?

Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:32 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: I understand that recently there was a meet up ...
I wouldn't call them conventions. There are get togethers (call them seminars, workshops, etc) periodically all over. They tend to be fairly regional though and not particularly large. This helps keep the costs somewhat reasonable. There's a workshop in Vancouver every year. Michigan every other year. They've also popped up in San Diego, San Jose, New Hampshire, Virginia, Spain, Australia (just to name a few). My advice to you would be to try and organize something and especially target the South American players (of which there are many I believe). You might get the occasional traveler from Europe or North America but I wouldn't count on them. See what kind of interest you can gauge from players closer to you. If you still want to proceed then, you can probably get some good advice here on how to do so from a few people (including myself). Cheers!

Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery