It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 pm

Bob Culbertson's "Lessons on the Stick" DVDs shipping 

Post Bob Culbertson's "Lessons on the Stick" DVDs shipping
Bob and I have just completed the 2 DVD set "Lessons on the Stick". It is the material from Bob's 3-VHS series organized on 2 DVDs. I've just sent the first shipment to Stick Enterprises, so they will be available for purchase from SE soon. Look for an announcement on stick.com early/mid next week.

If you happen to live in Canada and want to avoid duty, you can contact me directly (jim@jimmeyer.ca).

Bob has really done a great job organizing and presenting over 30 Stick-playing topics on the 2 discs. The difficulty level ranges from raw beginner to advanced, and each disc includes approximately an hour and 45 minutes of lessons with Bob. And the DVD format allows players to easily repeat a lesson or jump to any topic on the disc. Most lessons end with a demonstration of the techniques performed by Bob and drummer Joe Hodge.

Some topics:
Basic Techniques
Major and Minor Chords
Pentatonic Scales
Blues
Chord Combinations
Two-Handed Chord Techniques
Polyrhythms
Advanced Left Hand Techniques
and many more!

www.myspace.com/jim.meyer

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:49 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Bob Culbertson's "Lessons on the Stick" DVDs shipping
I really can't recommend Bob's lessons enough. Especially for beginners. I ordered the VHS versions with my very first Stick and took delivery on both at the same time. I remember tapping for a couple of minutes thinking to myself "what have I done" and then popping the tapes in. It was really kind of mind boggling how quickly that first tape got me making some simple music.

Even though I later switched over to the three finger technique (as opposed to Bob's four), I still credit Bob's lessons with getting me off the ground. I will likely replace my VHS tapes with the DVD version.

Glenn

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

My Stick should be ready any day, so this coincides perfectly. I'll have the DVD's shipped with it. Thanks, Guys!

Marty

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Any idea of cost on these? I need to get a copy!!!

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:53 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Bob's video lessons are very good. I have the VHS (they came with my stick) but they are a little messed up and I don't have a TV (nore a VHS player), so I did convert them to mpeg (a friend lent me a VHS player for a few days) but the sound and image quality are really bad.
I guess I will order them soon.

Cheers, Daniel

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:18 pm