It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 am

Bert Lams and Tom G. - new tour dates (east coast and west) 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Bert Lams and Tom G. - new tour dates (east coast and west)
Hi all,

We're about a week into what's become about six weeks of shows now and I'm happy to pass along that several new dates have been added. As is the norm for us, most of the dates are house concerts, which just means you generally have to contact the hosts ahead of time and make a reservation. A few of the dates are listed as "private events" though that usually means the host just didn't want to give out any contact info. If one of those is in your area and you'd like to attend, let me know as I may be able to help. Also, we're still working on adding more around the eastern US so if you or anyone you know might be up for hosting something in your area, just let me know and we'll try to make it happen!

I'm also quite happy to pass along that we've managed to work out a few dates with other Stick players along the way, so there should be a few familiar names below.

Just in case you're wondering who Bert Lams and Tom Griesgraber are.. you can read about us at: www.thossounds.com/lamstg.html and there's many a video on YouTube, including this one which is something of a summary of a recent show at the Breedlove Guitar factory in Bend, OR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOsX7L6kSYk

More details and updates (as they happen) can be found at www.thossounds.com/schedules.html

---------------

Remaining West Coast dates:

Wed April 28 - Glendale, CA - (as this is today, rsvp directly to me: tom@thossounds.com)

Th April 29 - Agoura Hills, CA opening for John Mayall (discount tickets still available at www.thossounds.com)

Fri April 30 - Las Vegas, NV - Gallery concert, rsvp to kdeiterman@cox.net

Sat May 1 - San Diego, CA (private event)

Sun May 2 - Bishop, CA - Mill Creek Station

Tue May 4 - Palo Alto, CA - rsvp to: synplexity@gmail.com

Wed May 5 - Alameda, CA - fundraising event for the Humane Society. Tickets: development@berkeleyhumane.org

Th May 6 - Sebastopol, CA (private event)

Sun May 9 - San Diego, CA - AMSD Concerts. Tickets on sale now at www.amsdconcerts.com

----------------

East Coast dates:

Fri May 14 - Atlanta, GA - Haiti Benefit concert - Coventry Presbyterian Church

Sat May 15 - Atlanta, GA (private event)

Sun May 16 - Tyron, NC (private event)

Mon May 17 - open (any ideas?)

Tue May 18 - open (any thoughts?)

Wed May 19 - open (any musings?)

Thu May 20 - open

Fri May 21 - VA (tentative)

Sat May 22 - Leesburg, VA - rsvp to: waterfordconcert@gmail.com
with special guest Patrick Smith

Tue May 25 - Jenkintown (Philadelphia), PA - rsvp to: rick@bunkerplanet.com

Fri May 28 - Bethlehem, PA - Godfrey Daniels - www.godfreydaniels.org

Sat May 29 - New Paltz, NY - Artists' Cafe at Christ the King Church cecnortheast.com/NewPaltz/

Tue June 1 - Pittsburgh, PA - Cefalo's
with special guest Dave Brosky (yeah Dave!) - for more info contact Dave at: dbrosky@verizon.net

Wed June 2 - Rochester Hills (Detroit), MI - House concert near Meadowbrook Music Theatre
with special guest Glenn Poorman (yeah Glenn!) - for reservations, visit: www.detroitstick.com/berttom

Th June 3 - Cleveland, OH - K&P Studios - for reservations, contact: james@kpphoto.com

Fri June 4 - Frankfurt, KY - Kentucky Coffeetree Cafe - www.kentuckycoffeetree.com

Sat June 5 - Charleston, WV - rsvp to dave@non-cents.com

Sun June 6 - Frederick, MD (private event)

Thanks for reading. Hope to see some of you "out there!"

Tom Griesgraber
www.thossounds.com

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:29 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Bert Lams and Tom G. - new tour dates (east coast and we
Woo hoo! May 28th in Bethlehem - finally somewhere close to home!
:D

[color=#0000CC]http://www.ambientstickist.com

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 am

How about central Florida.Love to see you

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:14 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

You guys driving or flying from east to west coast? Let me know if you need a pit stop in CO? There's not a ton of promo time, but I can always put the word out for a cool bar/venue space. There is a hot little spot, the Meadow Lark that would be phenomenal in downtown Denver. Intimate garden level, hidden, hip rustic, and a great crowd.

Rob

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Very nice and musical duo!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:15 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

It'll be great to have you here Tom. I am looking forward to this immensely. And for the folks in the tri-state area, we're hoping on just a little bit of trio action during the course of the evening as well.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

We caught the Agoura gig with John Mayall Thursday. What a great concert. Big crowd. You and Bert rocked the house! "Victor's Chase" definitely gothic and scary. Now I know why. Very tight. I'm really glad I caught it.

Mayall brought back memories – "Parchman Farm" a harp classic. Blew me away then and now.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sat May 01, 2010 8:03 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Great opening set with Tom and Bert, just right for the large room and audience. It seems they've both found their sonic niches inside an 18-string orchestra of sound (just the two of them). I heard The Stick as the denser and more versatile element and acoustic guitar as the more crystalline, transparent element (that's a switch!).

We had table seating for nine, including Yuta and me, Dan, Diana, Yumi, Carlos, Gary, Cambria and her Mom Bonny.

We had a great night and Yuta in particular was groovin' to John Mayall's brand of rock and roll. Dan, whose early "blues harp" years were shaped by the likes of Mayall and other Bluesbreaker members, seemed to be listening intently to John's harmonica solos. I thought there's new stuff there and that Mayall, now in his mid '70s, is still growing, still experimenting. I could feel no loss of crispness, timing, dynamics, no loss of sheer bodily energy - just the chops and some stretching of the boundaries.

That's great. In a few years I'll be that age and would like to have that capacity to "put out" for a whole set like that, by personal power alone.

We met Maggie, John's wife, who is Diana's long time yoga student. I met their excellent bass player, who said he'd come over to try out a Stick, and an Alto Stick for his son.

Good travels and musical vibrations to Tom and Bert! Best, Emmett.

Sun May 02, 2010 3:40 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

...and a merry crispness to all.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sun May 02, 2010 3:46 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind words! Just catching up a bit on online "things" today... our first day off in awhile (not really with a 7 hour drive). It's been over 1400 miles and 4 shows in the past 4 days. But.. great responses and some really nice surprises along the way. I'm starting to get a few trip diaries online at www.thossounds.com/news.html Should have more photos up soon as soon as I figure out where my USB camera connector went in the van ;-)

Rob: .. we'll be flying to Atlanta to start that leg. But.. we did manage to come through CO last year, and I suspect we may do so again this fall. Last time we did a clinic at UC Denver and a performance at an art gallery downtown (both very good).

Gvella: We actually did a lot in Florida the past few years (Bert's in-laws live there and at least for their area, became like full time promoters for us!) So.. Florida has been mentioned as a spot to go back to for sure. We hope to have a new studio album released this fall.. then will likely revisit places as soon as we can!

We've also added a few more shows recently for the east coast leg. And.. should have even more soon.. I'll likely post the full list again shortly, but for now.. we've recently added:

May 23 - Kendall Park (Princeton), NJ - NJ Proghouse: www.njproghouse.com

May 26 - Hamden, CT (details TBA).

May 27 - New York, NY - Trinity Church - 164 w 100th st (also feat. Jon Diaz)

May 30 - Kingston, NY - Keegan Ales: www.keeganales.com

Best to all,
Tom

Mon May 03, 2010 7:37 pm