It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 pm

New 12 string Grand ordered 

Post Re: New 12 string Grand ordered
I believe run started mid July .

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm

I ordered light gauge strings. Being a Bass player, maybe should have gone with med's.. Any thoughts.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:45 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

ratfink03 wrote:
I ordered light gauge strings. Being a Bass player, maybe should have gone with med's.. Any thoughts.

I got my first 12 str grand half a year ago and started out with light strings. Just recently I changed for medium and I must say I like medium better. They allow more dynamics in your playing and they produce a better tone in the PASV4 pickup. I was surprised that there isn't much differens regarding bending strings for glissando; guess that's because the Stick has so long string length?

(a later edit:)
I forgot to mention that one big plus with the medium strings, compared to light, is that you get a more consistent tone all over the fretboard. Some low notes close to the nut that I had learned to avoid with the light strings because they did not come out well suddenly sounded rich when putting on the medium guage strings.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Last edited by Per Boysen on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:26 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

After some thinking and being a bass player/guitar player, I called and changed my order to med strings. I think they will be a better start for me... Thanks for input. Can't wait. LOL

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Hello
My new Stick should be here this coming Mon or Tues. Cant wait to start taping. I guess right hand chording will be first on the agenda. I have Steves' and Bobs' DVDs and their instructions are great.. Little different approach to scale runs between them, but love them both. Any thoughts on where to start?

thanks
Bob F

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:05 am