It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:49 am

In Nashville for a couple days 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post In Nashville for a couple days
Hi folks, I'm heading out to Nashville this week and will be there from later Thursday evening (Sept 9) to Saturday (Sept 11) around dinnertime (accompanying my wife who has a conference at Vanderbilt).

I know David Parr is in the area and have been in touch, just curious if anyone else knows about good open mics in the area, etc where I might be able to pop in, or at least stuff worth visiting. Never been to Tennessee before!

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: In Nashville for a couple days
Hey Rob,

The Bluebird Cafe is the cream de la crem for showcasing songwriters in Nashville. Many of artists discovered thru this venue. Monday nights are open mics, not sure of the details if one wants to participate. The great thing about Nashville is; for great music you can practically walk into any club and find really high caliber musicians. Rule of thumb in Nashville given any group of at least 7 people 1 is either a musician or works in the industry. I lived there for 6 years and still miss the comradery of being amongst so many musicians. Check out The Nashville Scene rag/online for show lineups and venues. It's worth cruising thru music row and having a look at the Parthenon, unless of course you've been to Greece.
Sunset Grill is a really good restaurant and stomping grounds for music moguls
(like yourself), for a little higher end dining, you may even see a Howdy Doody star there. :lol: 8-) Have fun.

10 string (stickup)

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 am