It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:33 am

Carl Palmer (ELP) with Agent 22 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Carl Palmer (ELP) with Agent 22
Hi all,

Another fun show was just confirmed and I've got a stack of tickets I can pass along at a hefty discount if you're interested:

Carl Palmer Band (featuring he music of Emerson, Lake & Palmer)
with special guests Agent 22 (Tom Griesgraber and Ryan Moran)
Friday November 12, 2010, 8pm
The Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, CA
Discount tickets online at: http://www.thossounds.com/store.html
$20 each (save $15 each vs. Ticketmaster)
All ages

For more info, visit: http://www.thossounds.com/palmershow.html

Lifted from carlpalmer.com:

Carl Palmer is a drummer’s drummer. A consummate professional, a brilliant technician and a dynamic showman, he has thrilled listeners and audiences alike for nearly four decades with some of music’s most memorable bands including Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Asia, Atomic Rooster and The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown. Along the way his dazzling speed and mastery of the drums, combined with his infectious stage personality, have secured for him a respected place in history as one of Rock and Roll’s greatest drummers.

Palmer is preparing to embark on his first extensive solo band tour since 2006. Entitled: “Carl Palmer & His Band – Celebrates The Music of Emerson Lake & Palmer,” the show features bold new arrangements of many of the best-loved instrumental music of ELP. Although The Carl Palmer Band has continually toured through out Europe and the UK, this is the group's first extensive Western Hemisphere tour in five years. “I am very excited to again be returning to the US, Canada, and South America, with my solo band performing an evening of ELP music and other great composers,” says Palmer. “Since the early part of this decade I have been playing with my own power trio, replacing the keyboards with electric guitar. I felt that was the only honest way to approach the music of ELP. I didn’t want to have a singer trying to sound like Greg Lake. ELP did so much instrumental music, this format made sense to me. Hearing the keyboard parts done on guitar is certainly different, but just as satisfying. The idea was to re-invent this iconic music.”

-----------

Also of note.. we're working on confirming a second show in San Diego (city) with Carl Palmer as well. I should know more about this soon and will pass it on when I do!

Hope to see some of you there!

Tom Griesgraber
http://www.thossounds.com
ww.agent22.net

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:34 pm