It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 NorthEast Stick Seminar, April 30-May 1 Hamden, CT 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: NorthEast Stick Seminar, April 30-May 1 Hamden, CT
Tritone - you sure are living up to your namesake...the Devil in Music...The most annoying interval in the equal tempered scale.

I'm looking forward to your puerile response...

Since when did music become all about the words

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

88persuader wrote:
And Brett's Stick CD is great too!!! Awesome musician recorded, awesome musician live, great writer and a nice guy! (Gee does that make me sheep or a fanboy?) Either way Brett is a very advanced Stick player and if a guy with that tallent and insite is willing to share some of his insites and technique with me I'm happy to listen and absorb whatever I can.

None of us got where we are in life or on our instruments without our assorted teachers and mentors! (even if the lesson was simply listening to a record!)
Excellent, Ray,

Here's a review I wrote about Bett's disc back in 2008:

http://www.stick.com/videoscds/cds/bottomley.html

and there are sample tracks at: http://www.myspace.com/jazzstick

Really looking forward to seeing you again, Brett, and to meet others of you face-to-face for the first time.

Ray, I hope you can make it.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hey Ray, David and Greg

Thanks for the kind words.

I am really looking forward to the seminar. I'm workin on my second cd now, pullin out all the stops and lovin it.

It's really a juggling act isn't it. balancing practice, recording, family, work.

That's why I think these seminars are so great. Bringing the community together and learning from each other is a cool thing. Each one I've been to has been a benchmark of sorts, a moment to exhale and enjoy
Don't let the naysayer get us down, We're in for some fun and enlightenment.

Psyched
Brett

p.s. I love the stooges and I'm growing my hair out so, the larry comparison is apt. although I'm built more like curly.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Brett Bottomley wrote:
Hey Ray, David and Greg

Thanks for the kind words.

I am really looking forward to the seminar. I'm workin on my second cd now, pullin out all the stops and lovin it.

It's really a juggling act isn't it. balancing practice, recording, family, work.

That's why I think these seminars are so great. Bringing the community together and learning from each other is a cool thing. Each one I've been to has been a benchmark of sorts, a moment to exhale and enjoy
Don't let the naysayer get us down, We're in for some fun and enlightenment.

Psyched
Brett

p.s. I love the stooges and I'm growing my hair out so, the larry comparison is apt. although I'm built more like curly.

For the record the reason Greg is Moe is because they both have the same haircut.

Tritone

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:46 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post NorthEast Stick Seminar, April 30-May 1 Hamden, CT
For sure Brett, seminars are fantastic. I met up with Bob Culbertson at the 1st Aus one a couple of years ago. An incredible weekend and actually the first time I'd met other stick players, a great social, musical and learning experience. If I get my teleporter working I'll be beaming over!
B

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Credit to Brett for hosting and organizing this seminar. Positive energy, kinetic or spiritual is something to be applauded. Cheers to Brett.
These get togethers are a lot more than music information and technique studies. Inspiration, motivation and confidence are always on the agenda.
If this sounds appealing we'll see you there.
Looking forward to this event.
Those coming to NAMM, check out Audio Nova/Koch booth.
I'll be doing demos over the next few days with guests, Danny Gottlieb, Dean Brown, Ben Lacy and others. Also at Hartke with Victor, Stu and Billy. Can't wait.
Thanks
SA

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Say Hi to my friend Samara at the Cakewalk booth. :-)

Dan

#6054 Bamboo SG12, ACTV-2, mirrored 4ths piano
#5518 Rosewood 10 String Grand, PASV4, MR

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Lee Vatip wrote:
Credit to Brett for hosting and organizing this seminar. Positive energy, kinetic or spiritual is something to be applauded. Cheers to Brett.
These get togethers are a lot more than music information and technique studies. Inspiration, motivation and confidence are always on the agenda.
If this sounds appealing we'll see you there.
Looking forward to this event.
Those coming to NAMM, check out Audio Nova/Koch booth.
I'll be doing demos over the next few days with guests, Danny Gottlieb, Dean Brown, Ben Lacy and others. Also at Hartke with Victor, Stu and Billy. Can't wait.
Thanks
SA

Tritone

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

greg wrote:
88persuader wrote:
And Brett's Stick CD is great too!!! Awesome musician recorded, awesome musician live, great writer and a nice guy! (Gee does that make me sheep or a fanboy?) Either way Brett is a very advanced Stick player and if a guy with that tallent and insite is willing to share some of his insites and technique with me I'm happy to listen and absorb whatever I can.

None of us got where we are in life or on our instruments without our assorted teachers and mentors! (even if the lesson was simply listening to a record!)
Excellent, Ray,

Here's a review I wrote about Bett's disc back in 2008:

http://www.stick.com/videoscds/cds/bottomley.html

and there are sample tracks at: http://www.myspace.com/jazzstick

Really looking forward to seeing you again, Brett, and to meet others of you face-to-face for the first time.

Ray, I hope you can make it.

I intend to do my best to be there Greg. Here in the north east it's a rare opprotunity to meet other Stick players and even more rare to meet Stick players I can learn from.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Tritone, the Postivac of trolls

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next