It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Greg's new Instructional DVD Now Available 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Greg's new Instructional DVD Now Available
Ordered!!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:06 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks, Karma, Randy, Daniel and Leo.

The first batch went out this morning, and I'll be sending any orders that come in overnight out tomorrow, so if you're in the eastern US you'll probably have it by Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to what you all think of the DVD. I've been writing about the hand movement concepts here for a long time, but there's nothing like video as a medium for really teaching it.

http://www.greghoward.com/free_hands/dvd/

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I feel like Steve Martin.."the new phonebooks are......the new dvd's are here!" :o

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this, Greg. Looking forward to the instructional
material!

Grant :D

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:24 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

The first couple of waves of these have gone out. Looking forward to the ripples.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Been going through this for a few days now and there is some really great stuff here.

It's a great primer and the logical culmination of the material Greg has been honing for years now. For you guys that have taken Greg's seminar courses, this will do really well to solidify stuff you've already been through and spark some new directions in your playing.

Nicely done Greg!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Congrats Greg. It takes countless hours to fine tune your life's study and present it to the public. I wish you great success with this DVD.

SA

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks, Steve, for the kind wishes.

I know that you and Bob both have invested a lot of time and thought into how you understand Free Hands and also how you convey this understanding.

Emmett's method is all about possibilities. It's impossible to know what approach will work best for any individual player, yours, Bob's or mine, some combination of these, or their own completely unique approach.

Both of you cover a lot of different subjects in your videos, and I really enjoy the way you presented things in your TrueFire video especially. This new DVD is not a "kitchen" sink kind of thing, it's more like taking one idea and seeing where that idea leads in a variety of contexts, really training your hands to move, and explore the unique possibilities that this movement-based approach offers.

And so, I throw my hat into the ring...

Walter Climb

Last edited by greg on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

gpoorman wrote:
Been going through this for a few days now and there is some really great stuff here.

It's a great primer and the logical culmination of the material Greg has been honing for years now. For you guys that have taken Greg's seminar courses, this will do really well to solidify stuff you've already been through and spark some new directions in your playing.

Nicely done Greg!
Thanks, Glenn, for training your eyes on it. and for the feedback along the way.

I hope it will offer something for even the most experiences players to think about...

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Ordered! Great timing. My new (and first) Stick will be arriving next week.

I asked the folks at SE for the magic learning pill. They said they would have to get back to me on that. For now, the books and DVDs will have to do. :)

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Just got mine!

Doing a sit down a watch through the video first before I start watching with the instrument.

From what I've watched so far a lot of it is familiar and it amazes me how much of this Greg was able to convey through a short seminar ten years ago and that I've been using many of these techniques almost subconsciously that whole time. Now Greg has really solidified his philosophy on the method and put it into a package that anyone can have in their home, and that is an awesome thing. :)

Thanks Greg!

Dave Huff

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:03 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next