It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Greg's new Instructional DVD Now Available 

Post Re: Greg's new Instructional DVD Now Available
Just got your DVD today together with Steve Adelson's Stickology. 2 quite different approaches and presentation of basic techniques and I must say both tools need to be considered essentials if you want to understand and bring life to your instrument.

The free hands technique described in a video is really more effective in terms of understanding it rather than trying to imagine it in writing. The details that you have put into it helped me to understand those techniques that I wasn't quite getting before.

Thank you for continuously sharing your knowledge and talent, Greg! Mabuhay ka!

#5201 Paduak Grand Stick - Matched Reciprocal
#6082 Dark Bamboo 10-string Stick - Matched Reciprocal
Nord Electro 3

Personal
Likepage

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:23 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

abby wrote:
Just got your DVD today together with Steve Adelson's Stickology. 2 quite different approaches and presentation of basic techniques and I must say both tools need to be considered essentials if you want to understand and bring life to your instrument.

The free hands technique described in a video is really more effective in terms of understanding it rather than trying to imagine it in writing. The details that you have put into it helped me to understand those techniques that I wasn't quite getting before.

Thank you for continuously sharing your knowledge and talent, Greg! Mabuhay ka!
Hi Abby,

I'm honored that you would check it out, and glad that it was a clearer explanation than the written word on the subject. You're a great player already, so I look forward to where this approach takes you.

And I agree, Steve has some great things to say, and really valuable insights into the instrument and method.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Many thanks Greg, for your innovative instructional work on how to "free the hands" to an even greater level. By all accounts, it seems unanimous now, a complete success.

The Stick player stands tall and so does his instrument, while the screen is stretched horizontally - what to do? Answer: More action on the screen with several modes of instruction side by side, thus more senses in operation and more angles of view.

Bravissimo, Emmett.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

BSharp wrote:
Many thanks Greg, for your innovative instructional work on how to "free the hands" to an even greater level. By all accounts, it seems unanimous now, a complete success.

The Stick player stands tall and so does his instrument, while the screen is stretched horizontally - what to do? Answer: More action on the screen with several modes of instruction side by side, thus more senses in operation and more angles of view.

Bravissimo, Emmett.
Thanks, Emmett,

I suppose if I were smarter I'd learn how to play like Steve so that I could have a lower angle, which would fit in the frame better :) Watching various videos it certainly seems like 16:9 was really made for the electric guitar!

On the other hand it is really nice to have room in the frame for text and graphics, so, I'm glad it works for you and for everyone else who has been kind enough to chime in so far.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I will be taking receipt of my Stick again in May, think I need to buy this to watch and get ready. I'm hoping it will be an excellent companion to your songbook!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:39 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

JSanta wrote:
I will be taking receipt of my Stick again in May, think I need to buy this to watch and get ready. I'm hoping it will be an excellent companion to your songbook!
Hi Jim,

Glad to see you getting back into The Stick. The DVD is the "how to do it" to the Songbook's "what to do".

I like to think about StaffTab as a kind of choreography for your hands. But if you haven't practiced the steps it's hard to execute the dance.

Free Hands can be so much more than "put this finger here".

Where are you living these days?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Greg, I echo these accolades as well... I have gotten so much out of this DVD, even while I am playing in 5th's across the board.... With playing these long intervals, the 3 finger technique works great, however, I do use my little finger quite a bit on the right hand.... :D I think my many years as an acupuncturist and martial artist has made my fingers very strong and yet supple, and my little finger just really performs well...... Again many thanks for all you do for our community!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:23 am
Contributor
Contributor

greg wrote:
JSanta wrote:
Hi Jim,

Glad to see you getting back into The Stick. The DVD is the "how to do it" to the Songbook's "what to do".

I like to think about StaffTab as a kind of choreography for your hands. But if you haven't practiced the steps it's hard to execute the dance.

Free Hands can be so much more than "put this finger here".

Where are you living these days?

Makes perfect sense Greg! I will have to put the order in then! I moved up to Hanover, MD just south of Baltimore after I got out of the military for work, love it up here. If you're still offering lessons in the DC area I am have to going to get more information from you about your schedule and location. I have no problem driving down there :)

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:19 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

JSanta wrote:
Makes perfect sense Greg! I will have to put the order in then! I moved up to Hanover, MD just south of Baltimore after I got out of the military for work, love it up here. If you're still offering lessons in the DC area I am have to going to get more information from you about your schedule and location. I have no problem driving down there :)
Hi Jim,

I'mo not doing lesson there in April, but I will be back up there again on May 12. Will you have your instrument by then? If not, I can bring an extra one if you like.

The lesson information for Jammin' Java is here:

http://themusicschoolonline.com/teachers.htm

and there are some times available in the afternoon. Maybe I'll see you then.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:12 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Greg, I probably won't have my Stick by then, but I will send you a PM if that day works out for me. Right now it looks good, especially in the afternoon.

Thanks again!

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next