It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Northeast Stick Seminar Needs more sign ups! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Northeast Stick Seminar Needs more sign ups!
Ok folks, we need more people signing up here or this seminar isn't gonna happen...it'll be a weekend of instruction, fun and laughter...I promise...I'll show you how to use a bow and other unorthodox methods...sign up today !!! http://www.brettbottomley.com/the_north ... ck_seminar

Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Northeast Stick Seminar Needs more sign ups!
Thanks Michael (how do you pronounce your last name?) :lol:

I am really optimistic about this, I'M Psyched!!!!!!

"Toy Masheen" is in for the concert, We only need a few more folks to sign up.

Michael Bernier and Greg Howard, Alex Nahas and that Brett Guy

It's gonna be a weekend of info great music and great fun. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T OWN A STICK YET WE HAVE EXTRAS!!!!!!!!!!

Come Join us
Brett

Mon May 14, 2012 11:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I do wish I could make it out. These events are always such an amazing shot in the arm. You folks up in the area don't know what you're missing.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Glenn, unfortunately, I do. :(

I was all signed up and ready to go...and then I found out that a major outdoor event that my business sponsors (Dock Dogs regional event in my town of Scarborough, ME) is happening on the same weekend. And I have to be a @%#*@ grown-up business owner and attend that...so I had to cancel my spot for the N.E. seminar.

Seeing that attendance for the seminar isn't where it should be only makes this worse for me. I'm so sorry, guys.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Not your fault man, besides I think we will be fine.

No worries
Brett

Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

People are notorious for waiting until the last minute. Just about every event we've done has seen me go into panic mode only to be fine in the last week or two leading up. Hang in there.

I still remember the seminar scheduled to start on September 15th, 2001. Bob C was teaching and after the incident on the 11th, I called him and said "what do you think?" He was driving and coming through regardless so he said "let's just do it and see what happens". Lots of understandable cancellations as you would expect and in the end we had about five people show. Bob was a serious trooper though and it actually turned out to be a great event.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I went to see Alex Nahas and "Bright Brown" last night. What a transcendent experience.

As great and authentic a musical event as I can remember. Really just wonderful.

And now in a little over a month I look toward a concert which includes "Bright Brown" one of the best modern bands I've heard, Michael Bernier Who's music is mind blowing, Greg Howard who is astounding, and my band "Toy Masheen" will be playing our hearts out. WHAT A NIGHT IT SHOULD BE..........except it may not be. We still need more signups. I am really hoping against hope that this will work out. I am really trying to keep this alive...It means a lot to me this music, this instrument, this method, this art.

I am coming to the conclusion that I need to travel to every seminar I can as a student (or performer if they will let me) I just want to help keep these seminars alive. I want to hear more great music I want to meet more of the wonderful players. I don't care that I will be playing for 10 plus years and in a student class I DON'T CARE, I want to be there, I don't want to be paid, I want to pay and learn and grow (and play?)

I cast aside all aspersions which may come my way, I want to be an AMATEUR (look up the original meaning)

So I hope to meet many more of you in the coming years, because you won't be able to keep me away (as long as I can find enough gigs to pay for these excursions).

If you are on the fence at all please sign up, It's a great time you won't be disappointed.

Brett

Last edited by Brett Bottomley on Mon May 21, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Brett...
It's pronounced BURN-NEE-YAY!...standardly...or IF I'm actually in France or Canada ,
BEAR-LNEE-AYE!

Mon May 21, 2012 12:40 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I'm working up some cool one-person rhythm section grooves to teach, as well as the usual two-handed bass, basic technique, fast and fluid right hand melody, and of course a comprehensive instrument setup demo.

If you've never come to a seminar before, you'll leave with your head full of new ideas and dozens of practice tips, technique strategies, independence training skills and music, music, music.

If you can't make the whole weekend, contact Brett about coming just for one day.

I'm coming, whether you are or not!

Mon May 21, 2012 1:07 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery