It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Free Hands Academy: August 23-25, Los Angeles 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Free Hands Academy: August 23-25, Los Angeles
Fantastick seminar. Gene Perry did an outstanding job with this one.

I made lifelong friends, grew musically and had the tIme of my life

Hail Gene hail Gene!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just got back from the Stick Seminar in Bel Air. Much praise to Gene, Greg, Emmett, Kevin, Alphonso and Don.

This had to have been one of the most life changing events in my musical life, bar none. Getting to meet and learn from the masters of the Stick was amazing, and making new friends and connections in the process was just as rewarding. This experience truly changed me as a musician. I have never been this excited about music in a very long time.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:53 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Currently changing planes on the way home. I'll write more later, but I just wanted to thank everyone who went to such effort to come together to make this such a great event. A beautiful setting and great people sharing their love of music. What could be better?. A great new beginning for major Stick happenings in L.A.

Well done, Gene!

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Brilliant seminar taught by dedicated and patient instructors in a very supportive environment. Kudos to Gene for organizing and teaching ("Peg" played in my head the entire way home). I also came home with 100% more instruments than I left home with!

Special thanks to my fellow students. It was an honor to meet and play with you and I look forward to seeing everyone at future events.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Alto Stick, Padauk, Stickup
Stick Guitar Bamboo EMG

http://jeremycubert.com
https://jeremycubert.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/jeremycubert

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:09 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

What an amazing time. My heart if filled with gratitude and inspiration.
Thank you Gene for organizing this event.

A wonderful campus with great view and facilities. Great food and don't forget to leave your silverware and plates/glassware on the tray. (if you don't get this you will need to attend the next session at AJU)

I can't wait for next years Free Hands Academy summer session.

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Such an amazing weekend!

Not sure what to even add to what others have already said. Thanks to everyone involved in this, faculty and attendees. It was great to be able to learn and share with you all.

Thank you, Gene, for all the hard work in making this happen. Looking forward to next year...

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I am still in afterglow from the seminar! Thanks so much to Gene for all of your hard work in putting this together, what an experience and what a success. Thanks also to Dan Chapman, Diana Lang, the instructors and the students, I learned so much and was so inspired from all of you.. so now it's time to practice!

Kevin

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

One thing that was great for me was to see all those NS/Sticks in action. This is the first time I've been to a seminar where that was such a large part of what was happening.

Don Schiff's command of the half-fretless NS is truly amazing, and to see and hear a class of NS's in action is a wonder to behold.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

WOW!! Firstly, have to commend Gene for his untiring efforts to make sure that everyone and everything flowed super smooth... The class he taught as well as his command of the instrument was so inspiring...Secondly, ALL of the instruction was top notch, and the instructors demonstrated knowledge and prowess on their instruments, and encouraged all to be FREE and creative while working in the framework of the exercises... I liked how there was a "somatic" approach to rhythm and time using the whole body... Thirdly, that facility was just awesome and provided comfort and a relaxed atmosphere. Last but certainly not least, my fellow Stick-meisters were generous with their musicality and sharing of their music... I made SO many new friends, and I am grateful for that... On a personal note, Greg set my instrument up properly for me, and this alone changed my approach and made everything much easier... I am SO looking forward to doing lessons with Greg!!!! Deepest gratitude and thanks to all of you! :ugeek:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I cannot thank enough all the instructors, and especially Gene - for putting this all together, as well as for some personal help with my travelling troubles :D

It was so great meeting all of you. Looking forward to the next seminar!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next