It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:59 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 FREE HANDS ACADEMY 2014 

Post FREE HANDS ACADEMY 2014
Enrollment for the Free Hands Academy 2014 program is now open. This year marks the 40 year anniversary of the first production run of Chapman Sticks as well as the 45 year anniversary of the publication of Free Hands. The final night of the event will be an offsite celebration for Stick Enterprises and promises some big surprises for all those in attendance.

Our 2013 roster of faculty, Greg Howard, Don Schiff, Kevin Keith and special guest Alphonso Johnson will all be there. Based on the success of our 2013 Summer Session, we have doubled the size of our faculty and added two additional days to our program. Joining the FHA will be Master Stickists Bob Culbertson, Steve Adelson and NS pyrotechnician Gary Jibilian. We will also be joined by Film maker Dan Chapman as well as Yoga / Meditation instructor, Diana Lang.

As part of our mission, the FHA is striving to maximize the learning value of this very special gathering of individuals. We are able to offer early bird discounts of $100 for the months of October and November. You can also sign up for a PayPal subscription which will allow you to make monthly payments leading up to the event, spreading out the cost of the event over 10 months. Check out our registration page for ways to save.

Come join us for five days and four nights of Chapman Stick with Bob Culbertson, Steve Adelson, Alphonso Johnson, Greg Howard, Don Schiff, Kevin Keith, Gary Jibilian and Emmett Chapman himself to learn and celebrate 40 years of the Chapman Stick.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: FREE HANDS ACADEMY 2014
As if this year's Free Hands Academy couldn't be out done...This seems so epic that I'm just speechless.

I'm there. See you guys next year!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:44 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

WOW!! this is great! I am SO THERE!! :ugeek:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Done!
I'm signed up!

It's a no brainer. Just do it!
This payment option makes it totally affordable.

I'm not even off of my afterglow from FHA 2013... and I think my wife is tired of me talking about it.
We call it "Stick Camp" and she it tired of me saying, "This one time at Stick Camp..."

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I'm going to make my OWN teleport system just to get there.......!

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

2013 I couldn't make it, I have to be there on 2014!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Really wanted to come, even if as a mere observer. Will plan now for the future. I love LA, need to get back. Stoked that Bob Culbertson and Gary Jibillian will be there.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

When is this show gonna hit the road? A touring university, now that would be cool! Not that it isn't cool enough already. Dan could bring his camera--It could be the "Magical Stick-tery Tour"!

Mike

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:14 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

This looks absolutely fantastic!
Is there a required minimum level of ability for this?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:04 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

The FHA exists to serve the Stick community regardless of skill level, tuning or instrument type. It is all for fun, for the sake of learning. We don't judge and no one is getting graded on anything. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to be with a roomful of people that feel exactly like you do. We will have separate tracks of classes for ALL skill levels and whole separate course track for NS players.

This last year there were some reports of long-winded discussions on progressive music, excessive pizza eating and perhaps having too many varieties of delicious dark beer in one sitting, but I can neither confirm or deny such statements. :D

This year will be our greatest value to date as with enrollment open so early, peeps can start making monthly payments over the course of 10 months, which means the monthly payment is less than your phone bill. Once you're on campus, there are no additional costs. Meals, accommodations, wifi, parking - it's all paid for, just show up and have a good time.

Consider this, 5 days / 4 nights at the Marriott in Sherman Oaks will run about $159 for weeknights and 219 for weekends / night, that's $873 after taxes. When you consider that for $123 less ($750 paid by check before 12-31-13), you get accommodations in a comfy double occupancy room with all meals included AND the entire 5 day FHA course offering.

Lastly, this year, the first round will be on us as we will be going to an offsite location to celebrate with Stick Enterprises it's 40th year in existence. We guarantee some special guest appearances that will blow your mind - it will be a thing of Stick legend.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next