It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm

Free Hands Academy: August 23-25, Los Angeles 

Post Free Hands Academy: August 23-25, Los Angeles
The Free Hands Academy "Meet the Masters" class for Summer 2013 is now open.

http://freehandsacademy.com/

With performance and instruction by:

Emmett Chapman
Alphonso Johnson
Greg Howard
Don Schiff
Kevin Keith
Gene Perry

This year's lineup of instructors is truly incredible. There has not been a Chapman Stick event of this size in Southern California for over a decade! This one promises to be a once in a lifetime event. Full service camps / events of this magnitude generally start at $900 - $1100 - we are currently offering tuition for half that much.

The evening of events will be include the premiere of Dan Chapman's work in progress http://chapdoc.com/ on Emmett's life work which will be followed by a Q & A session with Dan and Emmett. Currently the film runs about 40 minutes and is a magnificent re-telling of Emmett's journey.

Also joining us on Saturday will be Diana Lang, she will be leading yoga / meditation classes in between learning sessions and MC-ing our Evening of events on Saturday night.

This program is slightly different than other seminars in that all services and costs are rolled up into a single payment. The early bird discount is available till June 20 for those with initiative and currently, availability is limited to 20 students (xxxx), 19 students.

We are going to have a payment plan available for those that are tight on money. In so long as you are paid in full prior to the camp, your seat is guaranteed. Let us know if you have any questions - 20 Stick players are going to have a very special weekend here in Bel-Air, CA!

Last edited by FreeHandsAcademy on Wed May 08, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 08, 2013 1:34 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Free Hands Academy
Now that looks GREAT and price is attractive

www.cliffordmarshallvanburen.com
www.youtube.com/user/DoubleBassDrumMusic
www.facebook.com/CliffordMarshallVanBuren

Wed May 08, 2013 4:27 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Now this one I'm going to try to make!!!!!!!!!! as long as it doesn't interfere with my school opening.

Awesome!!!!!

Brett

Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Wow. This is gonna be the Stick Event of the Year :D

I wish I could attend it, but I won't know my August schedule until July, and, I assume, all 20 seats will be taken by that time :?

BTW, this line caught my attention: "a hands on session with the latest addition to the Chapman Stick family – The Railboard". I wonder if this indicates that Railboards will still be unavailable for ordering in August? ;)

Wed May 08, 2013 8:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Free Hands Academy: August 23-25, Los Angeles
Wow, wow, wow! This sounds absolutely fantastic. (Goes off to look for money. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't stop consulting this summer. Hmm...)

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks for setting this up Gene. The venue looks really nice, and I look forward to seeing old friends, making some new music and meeting Alphonso for the first time. A great opportunity.

Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Hi Stickists.

Sorry I've been remiss in my postings about the documentary. I've been working pretty hard just to make a living these days. The passion for the documentary is always there, even when the funds aren't. Right now my cut comes in at 41:37 minutes, but I may have more for you by August (Satuday night).

I'm so glad I have this chance to show the work I've done, right here in my home town and with Emmett there! And Alphonso also playing on the same night! This will be a magical moment for me. I'm looking forward to seeing many of the great friends I've made on this long road.

It was an inspired choice for the event. On a hilltop overlooking one of the most beautiful places in L.A., Bel Air. My boys used to have swimmeets on this cool campus. It's a very special place. I'm very honored to be a part of it.

Greg, I can't believe you haven't met Alphonso. I'm so glad he's participating. He's definitely represented in my cut.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I'm really hoping to get there and meet Emmett and Yuta, Dan and Keith, Gene and Don and Alphonso. To see my friend Greg and hear great music, learn and grow, live and .....oh love the music and people.

This is the whole deal, thanks to Gene for putting this together. Thank you to Emmett and the community for the spirit of life. I can't wait to see the film and make new friends.

Brett

Thu May 09, 2013 10:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

the whole idea sounds really good.
let's see how a feel after the Vancouver seminar... ;)

Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I'm Going!!!!!!!!!!!! for at least the first 2 days and if I get permission from my dept. head on Sunday as well.

Psyched!!!!!! :D

Brett

Sat May 11, 2013 9:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery