It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

New Greg Howard Online store 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post New Greg Howard Online store
Hi everyone,

After years of not have a very organized presence of selling thing on my website, I finally decided to set up a for-real online shop.

It's still pretty bare-bones, but it has all the stuff that I have available on it. Since shipping costs have gone up so much this year, I lowered the prices on most of the items to keep them affordable.

You can still get my CDs, books and DVDs from Stick Enterprises, CDBaby, amazon.com, and eBay.

Please let me know if you think the shipping rates are in line with what you'd see elsewhere.

http://greghoward-com.myshopify.com

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:07 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: New Greg Howard Online store
This is great Greg! Great to see your whole catalog on display as well as the songbook and Free Hands training DVD. Shipping rates look fair, site looks fantastic! :D

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

It seems pretty clean and functional. The animation is cute for objects going into the cart. I did not like having to go so deep to find shipping costs, but I think the amount is not absurd. Since the individual items are not very expensive, the shipping cannot readily be absorbed into the cost.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:50 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback

So far so good...

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Greg, this is a very clean setup. I like how you have inserted video as well. A great way
to highlight your work. But, my question is; so you get up in the morning make some coffee
and see if any CD's sold. Let's say four sold, great. Then you package those up make sure
the address's are correct and drop them off at the post later in the day? :|. I am not making fun.
Personally I am not really satisfied with either CD Baby or Itunes and have been contemplating
doing everything myself 'again' just like in the old days 8-). I was just curious about your thoughts about the day in day out labor side of the equation....

I will go further, just to condense; my wife's old computer that was new once, died :(.
So she got a new one :) Yeah right? Her new computer has no CD burner or CD
anything. So If I buy one of Greg's CD's I can't load it onto a play list :evil:
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Again nice work Greg. Thanks for blazing trails.

*j*
.~

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:36 am

Its pretty easy to put a Cd in most computers nowadays, don't really need a tech for stuff like that. They are about $20
Plenty of stuff on youtube to help you out.
Or maybe you have semi techy friend?

You could just use Itunes, Ebay or CD Baby as mentioned to buy the music already in a format you can import into Media Player, Itunes or whatever other program you use to play your music and playlists on.

Cd's are great but are going the way of the Dodo. The times they are a changin.

I am a hardcore CD nut, but have started to change my thinking the past few years since pretty much all music is out the in the cloud now. But I too like the idea of having an actual paid for mine only item in my hands.
Plus you get the cover, usually some info and other goodies to read and look through when the cd is playing in the background.
And not to mention if you have a computer crash, you dont lose it.

Its always good to backup your stuff regularly, especially music, documents and digital photos.
Small terabyte drives are good for this, not more that $100 usually and you will thank yourself for it if you ever have and issue.
If something happens to your computer, you could lose all your data and be very sad. :(

Just my 2cents

Rosewood Alto #5764

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

JRJ wrote:
Hi Greg, this is a very clean setup. I like how you have inserted video as well. A great way
to highlight your work. But, my question is; so you get up in the morning make some coffee
and see if any CD's sold. Let's say four sold, great. Then you package those up make sure
the address's are correct and drop them off at the post later in the day? :|. I am not making fun.
Personally I am not really satisfied with either CD Baby or Itunes and have been contemplating
doing everything myself 'again' just like in the old days 8-). I was just curious about your thoughts about the day in day out labor side of the equation....

I will go further, just to condense; my wife's old computer that was new once, died :(.
So she got a new one :) Yeah right? Her new computer has no CD burner or CD
anything. So If I buy one of Greg's CD's I can't load it onto a play list :evil:
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Again nice work Greg. Thanks for blazing trails.

*j*
.~

The physical disc is a tough thing to give up. Perhaps I feel more like it can be enjoyed outside the confines of our computer life, and this really appeals to me. Listen in the car, or turn off your lights, close your eyes and blast your stereo.

I know that these are things that can be done with a pod-based audio vector, but the package, the few comments, the image, all these appeal to me as ways to remind the listener of the singularity of the music offered. It is more than something on a menu to be consumed. It is my art.

I cannot let it go...

On the more mundane side of things, yes, there are the days when I get my orders out, usually gathering up a few and making only a couple trips a week to the post office (I live out in the country, so it's good not to do it every day.

I certainly move more CDs through CD Baby and amazon than I do directly, but up until now that had been in my imagination due to the ill-suited presentation on my website. We'll see if the new store improves that.

I have downloads available for all the music I have composition credits for, and no interest in trying to deal with the logistics of licensing other people's compositions for downloads. If you want Guitarresque, you'll have to get the Sol CD!

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:16 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post New Greg Howard Online store
Don't mind if I do!

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫
Tarara 10-String #6300 DBR
Black Railboard #6594 BM
♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:14 pm