It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:34 am

Flint Blade launches independent label "In Love Records" 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Flint Blade launches independent label "In Love Records"
Hello, Stick Community!

In the Spirit of Independence, I hereby announce the initial launch of my own, new record label called "In Love Records".

This represents the culmination thus far of my career as a recording and performing artist in music. It is a way of officiating what I've already been doing for some time: for nearly a decade (since High School senior year) by will and grace of God I have been self-publishing my own releases in the form of CDs and digital mp3 albums.

I have, effectively and functionally, acted as my own record label.

Now, as my musical interests grow and I continue to build upon the musical foundation I have laid for myself given the materials and inspiration bestowed upon me..
Now I am collecting and organizing my efforts through an entity named "In Love Records" mostly as a vehicle for my own creative work in the various projects I involve myself with.

Later this summer, Flint Blade & Honeydew release and tour in support of an EP of all-new recorded material titled Together.
The EP places prominent focus on the Chapman Stick and clarinet in duet, offering a balanced variety of songs including instrumental compositions performed live in the studio, as well as more lyrical tunes utilizing electronic beats and production elements; always with Stick and clarinet at the core, dancing gracefully interwoven harmonies amid psychedelic soundscapes.
Together releases 8/29/14. Stay tuned for tour dates and more info!

In the meantime, we present a new single from my studio side project Dub I.
The single, titled "My First Dreadlock" is part of the Sketches of Dub EP of similar sound featuring my production work as a compositional element in the dub reggae style. As this EP features very little Chapman Stick, it may be considered Teflon to some of you here. Do know that the work on keyboards (Hammond and synthesizer) owes great tribute to the hand independence skills I originally developed on the Stick.
Sketches of Dub releases 8/1/14. Pre-order available now on bandcamp

Enjoy "My First Dreadlock" by Dub I:

https://soundcloud.com/inloverecords/dub-i-my-first-dreadlock

In addition to releasing these new EPs on CD and digital mp3 formats, we also plan to issue a limited-release, split 12" vinyl record featuring Flint Blade & Honeydew Together on one side, and Sketches of Dub by Dub I on the other side.

Collectors' vinyl releases on 8/29/14 or as soon thereafter as it is ready.

Visit In Love Records and "like" our facebook page at: facebook.com/InLoveRecords

Thanks!
Flint B. [Love]

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:12 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Flint Blade launches independent label "In Love Records"
Digging the sounds Flint - hold the cheese cracked me up..! Good job!

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery