It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 STICK CAMP 2015 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post STICK CAMP 2015
Happy Monday everyone. I am delighted to share with you the roll out of our latest project. The Free Hands Academy has partnered with Stick organizations all over the world (Stickistas in Spain, The French Association of Stick and Tap Guitar and the Stick Academy Italy) to bring you Europe's next massive Stick event - STICK CAMP 2015!

STICK CAMP 2015 will be a 6 day / 5 night event in Mallorca, Spain - similar to the FHA offering these last 2 years in Los Angeles, CA. Best of all, the maestro himself, Emmett Chapman will be present, leading classes and performances, sharing his vast knowledge of the Chapman Stick and Free Hands methodology.

The STICK CAMP site that has been created Guillmero Cides of the Stickistas, has all of the details regarding pricing, timelines and general availability of enrollment. One price covers food, lodging and events (including the first round at lunch and dinner!). Prices are reasonable and there is a discount for early registration, so please consider visiting the site if you want to be included in the Mallorca magic!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions - cheers!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:16 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: STICK CAMP 2015
I actually think I am going to make this happen!! what teachers are going to be there?

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:40 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Oh, wow. This looks fantastic. Sigh... In another life maybe, that's my first week back to school.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:45 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Holy cow! Look at the price! This is about as cheap a trip to that part of the world can get. Sheesh. (Breaking piggy banks all over the house now.)

-Eric

Last edited by EricTheGray on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rclere wrote:
I actually think I am going to make this happen!! what teachers are going to be there?

Looks like these are the teachers:

Emmett Chapman
Guillermo Cides
Atreio
Youenn Landreau

Fantastic!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Eric / Randy, it is going to be big fun! Mallorca is a supreme vacation destination but we are setting the event right after the busy season so as to keep prices low. Also keep in mind that the current price is a discounted early bird price for the first 10 sign ups.

We have laid out how time at the event will be spent - check the activities page for more details. It will be a balance of group play, private instruction and group sharing (gear, technique, etc). As Eric has mentioned, there will be opportunities with Guillermo, Youenn, Atreio and Emmett. Emmett has mentioned in passing that he is looking forward to some 1:1 instruction with attendees, so you can imagine what a thrill this is for European players - and Randy!!! VAMINOS RANDY!

The European events are not quite as rigid in terms of curriculum - relative to the FHA anyway. There is more emphasis put on group interplay. It's a very nice model, something I am hoping to apply with the FHA going forward. These guys have all put on events / seminars in their own respective countries and are quite versed in how to manage, coordinate and run an event of this size.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

3.082 kilometers from Stockholm + a boat trip back and forth to Mallorca from the main land and back again. Seems like a fun week. I´ll look into this. Would be fun to participate. Must check my schedule. Might be in the States then. But this actually looks interesting.

-Mobilis in mobil-

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:30 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

EricTheGray wrote:
Holy cow! Look at the price! This is about as cheap a trip to that part of the world can get. Sheesh. (Breaking piggy banks all over the house now.)

Eric is right! Folks, be sure to look at the "Costs" page before you dismiss the idea.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:36 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

And it´s possible to do scuba diving too. Ok. I´ll really look into this. :)

-Mobilis in mobil-

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:33 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Truly fantastic.. sadly a prior commitment on the other side of the globe will prevent my attendance. The last time Emmett was in Europe was in Allaire. I know he will have a ball, and I'm sure the rest of you will as well.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next