It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am

Pondering Site Migration 
Site Admin

Post Re: Pondering Site Migration
88persuader wrote:
It seems to be working fine Manny. Question ... will we need to use a different address to access the forum or will it be http://www.stickist.com? Also it seems some members are posting there and not here already! ;) That makes things a little confusing! :o

When the beta site goes live, it will have the URL of stickist.com, which then I'll shut this site down. There'll probably be a 24 hour dark period for the propogation of the DNS change so the domain/URL points to the new server. The beta site is on the new server.

I'll probably also make a redirect of stickist.com/forum to stickist.com, since many folks have bookmarked the forum URL.

Some folks have posted over there to check things out. Before going live, I'll make an announcement in this thread for folks to hammer on the beta site and try to break it. :twisted:

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Well, it's back to the drawing board :(
Currently wiping the site and starting over again. Adding a gallery got me so deep in mods that undoing was crazy and lots of error messages, no matter how much breadcrumbing I did. So best to wipe and start over with clean codes and database.

At least I know what won't work :roll:

I'll get up another beta site and work with a different gallery addon and see how that ports over to the style I'm using for the forum app. I'll work on this first then add the portal afterwards since I know that worked out well.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Manny wrote:
Well, it's back to the drawing board :(
Currently wiping the site and starting over again. Adding a gallery got me so deep in mods that undoing was crazy and lots of error messages, no matter how much breadcrumbing I did. So best to wipe and start over with clean codes and database.

At least I know what won't work :roll:

I'll get up another beta site and work with a different gallery addon and see how that ports over to the style I'm using for the forum app. I'll work on this first then add the portal afterwards since I know that worked out well.

Thanks for all the effort Manny!!! Better you then me ... I'd be TOTALLY LOST!!!! I've yet to make a myspace page! ;)

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

OK, I'm about 90% done with the beta site.

Have a look and play around with your existing account/login info there or create a new one. No worries, all forum content there will be replaced with this site's forum content.

Any/all feedback appreciated.

[beta site URL removed]

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:10 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery