It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 am

Goodbye Wowgold7... (Att'n Manny) 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Goodbye Wowgold7... (Att'n Manny)
Hi Manny, assume you've seen all those horrible spam-like posts and are dealing with it... just a heads up just in case... expect by the time you read this you'll already have vapourised it all along with whatever posted it...

Derek

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Goodbye Wowgold7... (Att'n Manny)
Yeah this seems to be happening just about every day now... Is there some way to limit the number of posts a new user is allowed to make in a day or something?

#6054 Bamboo SG12, ACTV-2, mirrored 4ths piano
#5518 Rosewood 10 String Grand, PASV4, MR

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads up, which are always welcomed and helpful for me. Great having a community here to help with the trash.

The spammer's account has been deleted along with all of its posts, along with having its IP banned. Just a few clicks and gone from the site, easy enough.

I have the attitude of not placing any post restrictions and deal with the spammers as they pop up, so as not to deter away from the easy use of this site. Too bad really cheap labor in China (the IP of the last spammer) and India have humans doing the spamming to get pass the CAPTCHA during registration. Oh well, no biggie, spammers don't last long here :twisted:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

good Job.. Manny... i thought we were gonna have to read another huge shopping list of things being sold... I do work for a Guitar selling store
( name withheld).. and seeing the pricing and the list several of them are Proprietary to the store i work for.. alot of the pieces way below cost

darren/ Gnat

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 am