It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Reporting Spam 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Reporting Spam
Hi, all.

I just want to make sure that everyone knows how to easily report spam to Manny. In every post there's a little button in lower-right corner with an exclamation point on it. It looks like this:
Attachment:
reportSpam.png

Just click on that, select the right problem from the popup menu, and write a little note to Manny.

Manny works hard to keep this site running and spam free. These days spammers are hiring actual people in poor parts of the world to create accounts on sites like this one. There's probably nothing he can do to stop this. If we report the spam to Manny quickly, he can react faster.

Thanks, Manny!

-Eric

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Last edited by EricTheGray on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Post Re: Reporting Spam
Thanks for showing folks this. It is an easier way for me to notifications on specific spam posts and users. And of course, I check the spammer's IP address, most of them from China, ban their IP and delete their account and posts. Also, any new user accounts that have a link in their profile pointing to some suspicious website, they get IP banned and account deleted. Just did this for a recent account; no posts, but a link to "cheap Nike Air Jordan shoes" which had an originating IP from China.

Yes, and that's so true; cheap labor in Asia giving rise to humans searching for boards, registering and spamming. Fortunately due to the great community here, they don't last long on this board ... typically less than 24 hours :evil:

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Thanks, Eric for the info - and BIG THANKS to Manny. You put in lots of time on this site.
You're amazing! You've done tons for me. I've got to get back to CA and shake your hand one of these days.
Sean Stirling

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: nikeexp
Jnyukk468 wrote:
Thank you for give me the opportunity to comment here
ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Mukluk Boots
Gucci Shoes
New Balance shoes

:D :D
You can deny the irony and humor of this 'spam' post in this very particular thread ;)

Cheers, Daniel.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Yeah, just saw that...talking about chumming the waters...IP banned and account deleted in 2 clicks...poof :twisted:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Manny,

I just want to say a big public thank you for the work you do to keep this forum as spam-free as possible. Seeing other forums get loaded up with spam subscribers makes me realize what a job it must be to keep it under control.

Three cheers for Manny.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Manny, I too will follow suit, THANK YOU FOR ALL the HARD WORK THAT YOU DO. If I don't check this site atleast once a day, I really feel like I'm missing out. To be able to deal with all that running a site entails, you must be channeling Ghandi.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I just thanked Manny with another donation. I appreciate his efforts so much that I make a donation as often as I can. I wouldn't be nearly as far along as I am if it weren't for the forums. Please consider making one yourself, you even get that cool "Patron" badge by your name!

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Thu May 06, 2010 12:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery