It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

Search function is well...pretty much useless. 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Search function is well...pretty much useless.
O.K. This has bothered me for some time now. Every time I do a search using the Search engine provided for this BB the results are really not very well ordered or even relevant. This occurs often because the search engine drops "common" words, and three-letter or less words. So I do a search on "low battery" for example, and come up with all the posts from the Battery-powered amp thread.

It's not just this site--many BB search engines are notoriously bad in this regard, but several I've used have added a link to search threads via Google Search--which seems to yield much better results. Would it be possible to do a similar thing here?

http://www.facebook.com/qualitytimejazz

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Search function is well...pretty much useless.
Agreed on the search engine onsite. You can get google results only from this site though.

In google's search bar, type:

"Site:stickist.com Low Battery"

And you should get some more relevant results. The first result is about the ACTV-2, but not so much about "Low battery".

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 am
Site Admin

For 3 letter word or less searches, add *, i.e. "low*"

Some additional instructions with search:
Search for keywords:
Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found. Put a list of words separated by | into brackets if only one of the words must be found. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

I was just trying to search for the Tap Twister #4 thread and the search gave me this error

Quote:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: twister tap 4.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

:lol:

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:26 pm