It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm

Manny. Delete my account..... 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Manny. Delete my account.....
What? Jesus? You're trying to evangelize me? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;)

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:21 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

:lol:
My deity is actually named Farfel, who goes about planet Earth at wintertime spreading his gospel of hot chocolate for all. During the summer he resides on Sirius.
If I were to try and convert you, I'd be converting you to Farfelism.
;)

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

:lol: Thanks for lightening up a heavy thread guys :lol:

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Quote:
Please respect your point of view when you approve of the incarceration of those who dare to question history in the countries you speak of? Can you see the hypocrisy?

Indeed.

Should I believe, then, that Europeans generally believe that those who question numbers and historical accounts should be locked up and silenced? How barbaric! The Middle Ages passed hundreds of years ago...

Why does this conversation persist, by the way? I've tried to stop talking about it for months... Jan kept bringing it back up. Do you guys really want my opinion on this? Now that Jan is gone, I'd be happy to discuss it. I'd also be happy to drop it. Just let me know, I'll be around. But I do ask that people don't accuse me of being an anti-semetic nazi. One CAN have an opinion which is critical of both the Allies and the Axis without being labeled "PRO-HITLER". That is an anti-intellectual conclusion, one which avoids the points I'm making.

Political threads were here before I came around, and they won't go away if I croak on you guys. I like to participate, and I'd like to think I add to the discussions. But you guys are right, the tone needs to be kept polite. That goes for *everyone*, not just for those who sport an unpopular opinion, but for those who can't stand that opinion as well.

Peace,

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

"Should I believe, then, that Europeans generally believe that those who question numbers and historical accounts should be locked up and silenced?"

No, this particular sanction is reserved for people who actively deny the holocaust, people who belong to Neo-Nazi organisations and people who disseminate pro-Nazi propaganda.

[You asked for a definition of the word holocaust at some point - this from the OED

noun
• 1 destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war:a nuclear holocaust
• (the Holocaust) the mass murder of Jews under the German Nazi regime during the period 1941-5. More than 6 million European Jews, as well as members of other persecuted groups, were murdered at concentration camps such as Auschwitz.
• 2 historical a Jewish sacrificial offering which was burnt completely on an altar.
Origin:
Middle English: from Old French holocauste, via late Latin from Greek holokauston, from holos 'whole' + kaustos 'burnt' (from kaiein 'burn')

Collins dictionary

noun
great destruction or loss of life or the source of such destruction, esp fire

Also called: the Churban, the Shoah usually capital the mass murder of Jews and members of many other ethnic, social, and political groups in continental Europe between 1940 and 1945 by the Nazi regime

a rare word for burnt offering

Derived Forms
ˌholoˈcaustal, ˌholoˈcaustic adjective
Word Origin
C13: from Late Latin holocaustum whole burnt offering, from Greek holokauston, from holo- + kaustos, from kaiein to burn

Websters dictionary

ho·lo·caust
noun \ˈhō-lə-ˌkȯst, ˈhä- also -ˌkäst or ˈhȯ-lə-kȯst\

the Holocaust : the killing of millions of Jews and other people by the Nazis during World War II

: an event or situation in which many people are killed and many things are destroyed especially by fire
Full Definition of HOLOCAUST
: a sacrifice consumed by fire
: a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire <a nuclear holocaust>
a: often capitalized : the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II —usually used with the
b : a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide
See holocaust defined for English-language learners »
See holocaust defined for kids »
Examples of HOLOCAUST

The museum is devoted to the Holocaust.
There were fears of a nuclear holocaust.

Origin of HOLOCAUST
Middle English, from Late Latin holocaustum, from Greek holokauston, from neuter of holokaustos burnt whole, from hol- + kaustos burnt, from kaiein to burn — more at caustic
First Known Use: 13th century]

"Do you guys really want my opinion on this?"

Not really. ;)

Lets let everyone who wants to find out more go and do it for themselves and keep our own council on what we believe.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:38 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Quote:
Not really.

Ah, a soliloquy, then. Fascinating!

Quote:
No, that sanction is reserved for those who actively deny the holocaust

But, if i question this:

Quote:
(the Holocaust) the mass murder of Jews under the German Nazi regime during the period 1941-5. More than 6 million European Jews, as well as members of other persecuted groups, were murdered at concentration camps such as Auschwitz.

... doesn't that make me a holocaust denier? I thought only 5,999,870 died! Holy crap! Jan was right! I had no idea. Geez, I'd better cancel that trip to Hamburg...

Dogg, thanks for the extensive dissection of the word "holocaust". I think I understand now.

I shall now direct my efforts toward the construction of a museum to honor the victims of the American Holocaust. The 1,000,000 deaths shall not be forgotten. I shall lobby to have all statues of Lincoln removed, crushed, and turned into concrete to be used for the foundation of the new Holocaust memorial. Further, I suggest the creation of a new American state where descendants of the victims of the American Holocaust can live in peace, perhaps in the Canadian capital.

Thanks for the enlightening post, Dogg. ;)

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:34 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I think you must be having some cognition difficulties today Kevin.

"Quote:
No, that sanction is reserved for those who actively deny the holocaust."

Note the term, "actively deny the holocaust."

Not something you have done. You just question the widely accepted historical figures - which I did too. If you remember, I stated that I thought the figure was near 4.8 million jews and others murdered by the Nazis and another 1 million could not be accounted for; i.e. Could not be counted. Did you know the Nazis dug up and cremated already buried bodies, to hide the evidence? Did you know they used mills to grind the bones that were left to dust, to hide the evidence? We will never have an exact figure. Despite the Yad Vashem database of names, who knows how many jews just decided to go into hiding never to be seen again. Or decided to become non-jewish in fear that it could all happen again.

Holocaust - you asked for someone to tell you what it meant! Do you have a different dictionary?

"I shall now direct my efforts toward the construction of a museum to honor the victims of the American Holocaust. The 1,000,000 deaths shall not be forgotten. I shall lobby to have all statues of Lincoln removed, crushed, and turned into concrete to be used for the foundation of the new Holocaust memorial. Further, I suggest the creation of a new American state where descendants of the victims of the American Holocaust can live in peace, perhaps in the Canadian capital."

OH GOD, SOMEONE STOP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost me there Kev - you'll ……… have …. to …. explain …….. that ……. one …….. NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! What have I done. :o :lol:

Perhaps better start a new thread in the Lounge - Kev's All American Holocaust Thread?

"Thanks for the enlightening post, Dogg. "

You are welcome.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Dogg,

I will respond in a new thread. I do not wish to prolong this debate in the context of Jan's termination.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

samsonstick wrote:
Are all Europeans as close-minded and intolerant as you? I sure hope not.

...however it's not possible to know all Europeans... :o

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Balt-A-Sar wrote:
samsonstick wrote:
Are all Europeans as close-minded and intolerant as you? I sure hope not.

...however it's not possible to know all Europeans... :o

Yeah, there are many countries in Europe - no such thing generally as Europeans.
It's funny when I hear sometimes on TV somebody saying they visited Europe during their holidays, when they actually went to France or Italy.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:58 pm