It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

Jesus Camp 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Jesus Camp
Here's a bit of holiday cheer for my non-believer forum friends.
A lesson on how to de-educate, stupify, abuse, mislead, and scare the bejeezus out of your kids....packed into an hour and a half of one of the most horrifying docs I've ever seen.

https://thoughtmaybe.com/jesus-camp/

cheers,
Beelzebub

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:58 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Jesus Camp
yer gonna get crap for posting this, kev. oh, speaking of crap, they don't dig any latrines there. an angel just takes it away

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:35 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Non believers of what, exactly?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:09 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Religion, how it's inherited through generations, how it flys in the face of science, how it can turn a person of seemingly normal intelligence to believe in the supernatural.

cheers,
kev

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Indeed! It is more indoctrination than inherited, IMHO... kids who do not have full faculty of thought or critical thinking, are exposed to a belief system that a lot of the time is not of their choosing (in my work, I see people with shame and guilt that is traceable to this early experience). Hypnotherapy, being one of the tools that I use involves "breaking" the un-useful "trance" that someone is in... I view all religion as a"bad trance".... In saying that, "spirit and spirituality" that has a person directly touch the authentic self is most useful.... thanks for the post Kev, and you have a good Yule and Solstice season.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:49 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rclere wrote:
Indeed! It is more indoctrination than inherited, IMHO... kids who do not have full faculty of thought or critical thinking, are exposed to a belief system that a lot of the time is not of their choosing (in my work, I see people with shame and guilt that is traceable to this early experience). Hypnotherapy, being one of the tools that I use involves "breaking" the un-useful "trance" that someone is in... I view all religion as a"bad trance".... In saying that, "spirit and spirituality" that has a person directly touch the authentic self is most useful.... thanks for the post Kev, and you have a good Yule and Solstice season.

...a belief system that a lot of the time is not of their choosing.....

Thats what really gets my goat, and why I feel bad for them. That sect is really trying to push it in schools in the south too, with evolution being handed its hat.

cheers, happy holidays (I still participate in tradition though, for my parents and grandaughter)
kev

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Funny enough, I go up to aptly named nearby city Devil's lake (a translation from the Lakota "Spirit Lake") dang near every summer to fish.

I've seen that main woman around Bismarck from time to time too, talk about star struck! There's even a few shots of her driving through town if I'm not mistaken.
I grew up with people who have been to that camp. It's really quite weird. The main feeding church in Bismarck has a "youth center" called the Element. Complete with hip music, basketball hoops, and video games to lure kids in. You really couldn't get a non-bar gig here without it being at least loosely affiliated with a church.

Churches having free lunches nearby the north side high school during the week was pretty common. I mooched my fair share of lunches while avoiding indoctrination.

I'm not against religion per se, but we're trying to have a society damn it!

Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:55 am
Profile My Photo Gallery