It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Alien Abduction Cases 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Alien Abduction Cases
Good case...batlle of LA....great pic too....you can see the saucer shape. I think some folks on the ground died due to the artillery fire....

cheers,
kev

Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

kevin-c wrote:
How do you prove to someone you saw an airplane fly overhead 10 minutes ago, or you had a dream of a pink elephant last night....

you can find objective records from air traffic controllers that a plane flew over a certain place at a certain time....pink elephants - that's between you, your wife and your therapist

kevin-c wrote:

I base my belief on multiple witness testimony and tend not to listen too much to single witness incidents.

you might as well make your standard 1 or 1 billion instead of "multiple". There is no difference in the veracity of such claims based upon the number of people making such a claim. See "people who thought the earth was flat"... ;)

kevin-c wrote:
Again I stress belief......ufo's......its much like believing in God....kev

now THAT is what I find to be a completely honest, defensible statement in this whole affair.
One can WANT to believe something is true, which, to lightly paraphrase Carl Sagan (cue KRex!):

The hundreds of millions of people who thought the earth was not round flat did not make it one inch flatter...

again - the idea that we are the only "intelligent" beings in the universe, is, in my opinion, not likely. That, however, has no bearing on whether or not we have been visited by said beings...which based upon science and all that crap, suggests the likelihood is pretty much zero.

Still - fun stuff to discuss.

I do thoroughly enjoy this topic.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2014/01/14/did-iranian-fighters-battle-ufos/#68b0844b578c

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:24 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/aug/14/men-in-black-ufo-sightings-mirage-makers-movie

More food for thought?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:25 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8