It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Alien Abduction Cases 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Alien Abduction Cases
paigan0 wrote:
Kevs (R and C), I was so surprised pleasantly by The Battle of LA--that was a really good movie and I thought it very accurately portrayed the US military

Steve,

In case you are confusing the actual event with the recent crappy movie, I have included the brief, classic video which partially chronicles the event.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7736RMBEg[/youtube]

Whatever it was endured almost an hour of anti-aircraft fire. Nothing was ever recovered. We are asked to believe it was a false alarm. Sorry, not buying it. We are also now told the object was "retouched" by zealous UFOlogists before the iconic image was released as a negative. The UFOlogists deny this is the case.

Even weather balloons travel faster than the LA object. So, it's a "false alarm," but a false alarm which traveled at a precise rate of speed which the military was able to calculate and on which lights were fixed for almost an hour? Only the US military can utter bullshit of that magnitude.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:18 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

K Rex wrote:
The Battle of LA is really compelling, as is the witness testimony from Jesse Marcel and his son in the famous Roswell case.

K Rex

Jesus - I just now realized that you are not talking about that crappy movie...not quite sure how a bunch of people on the west coast two days after pearl harbor freaking out is supposed to suggest the presence of an alien space craft, but...whatever

If you believe something is out there, sooner or later you will see it.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

So I have the double embarrassment of not only mistaking which movie you were talking about, but apparently my liking a movie you all think sucked. Good times. But I kind of agree with Randy although maybe not as enthusiastically or sarcastically but it does seem extremely coincidental that this all happened right after Pearl Harbor. It almost seemed comical the way that everything just kept firing at something.

But hey, I can write this narrative too, it's a fairly standard Rod Serling trope: The aliens were coming here to check us out in increased numbers because we were developing nuclear weapons and were having world wars and stuff. I'm slightly mocking it but it's not necessarily even bad logic.

But thanks for setting me straight on that one! I still stand by my movie recommendation. And Edge of Tomorrow was pretty awesome too (not a Tom Cruise fan whatsoever).

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

randy wrote:
K Rex wrote:
The Battle of LA is really compelling, as is the witness testimony from Jesse Marcel and his son in the famous Roswell case.

K Rex

Jesus - I just now realized that you are not talking about that crappy movie...not quite sure how a bunch of people on the west coast two days after pearl harbor freaking out is supposed to suggest the presence of an alien space craft, but...whatever

Randy,

Your distinct ability to reduce any given scenario to a parochial soundbite never fails to make me grin.

Much in the same way you thought I was elevating a movie which was worse than "Independence Day" as a compelling case for alien visitation, you missed a point I was trying to make: the thing which the US military was tracking on radar, the thing which was flying at a low altitude at a slow rate of speed, upon which multiple searchlights were fixed, took anti-aircraft fire for an HOUR before disappearing.

The object was anomalous. It was unidentified, a UFO. It was not a weather balloon, it was not an airplane. It was not a seagull. It was not a temperature inversion. It was visible to the naked eye. According to some accounts, it glowed brightly. It was impervious to anti-aircraft fire. Yeah, if I were in a world war and I had something like that flying over the mainland, I'd be "freaking out," too.

I reckon you also believe allied reports of "foo fighters" were easily explained by swamp gas?

I don't understand what a piece of bread with the guy from Bad Company on it has to do with a discussion of alien life. Did you mean to post that in the "Showcase" forum?

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:42 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

kevin-c wrote:
Oceans wrote:
Any Billy Mier thoughts? He has a crazy amount of photos and videos and books. He went in the craft too and all this mayhem. Story going for like 30 years now...

Hey Ben.
I'm on the fence about Billy. I've been following his case for some time, but it almost seems too fantastical. Compelling nonethless.

K-rex......I wish I was as eloquent. Great post dooder. You said everything I wanted to say, but I just can't get the point across like you do.

cheers,
K- bronto

Solidarity, brother. Thank you for coming out. I'm here all week!

K Rex

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:47 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Oceans wrote:
Any Billy Mier thoughts? He has a crazy amount of photos and videos and books. He went in the craft too and all this mayhem. Story going for like 30 years now...

Meier staged an elaborate hoax.

As a teenager I bought the Elders' photo-documentary of the Meier case, which I loved. I really wanted to snap a selfie with my copy of the "Light Years" book which chronicles the case, but alas, it is buried in my mother's attic along with my 1st edition D&D manuals and Robert E. Howard and Michael Moorcock novels. And old Famous Monsters of Filmland magazines. I digress.

For years after I read the book I endeavored to view the video which Brit Elders said was the smoking gun for alien life, the video which was the centerpiece of the book which set my imagination aflame as a young man. The advent of youtube made it readily available:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWKjLF7xYTU[/youtube]

Cognitive dissonance. I melted down like Ralphie when he got that shitty decoder pin in the mail.

99.9% of the UFO reports are utter bullshit. Meier is a carnie.

K Rex

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I was going to bring up the battle of LA to Steve in my last post ' cause I thought he misinterpreted the movie from the event, but deleted it cause i wasnt sure.......well there ya go.

Washington DC as well in 52, another freaky one......on tape to boot..

cheers,
k

Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:48 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

In my effort to make this a Robstafarian sized thread.....

I wil say again.....THE RENDLESHAM FOREST CASE is prolly the biggest event in the last 30 years but no one seems to know shit about it or care.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

If this shit interests you guys, read/ watch( youtube) about this case.......its the pinnacle of UFO cases imo...

cheers,
Yoda

Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:01 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

K Rex wrote:
Randy,

Your distinct ability to reduce any given scenario to a parochial soundbite never fails to make me grin.

I don't understand what a piece of bread with the guy from Bad Company on it has to do with a discussion of alien life. Did you mean to post that in the "Showcase" forum?

K

dude - the reason I put a picture of Paul Rodgers haunting a piece of toast is to..well...errrr

good god.

I can't believe I actually started typing out a retort to this.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

randy wrote:
K Rex wrote:
Randy,

K

dude - the reason I put a picture of Paul Rodgers haunting a piece of toast is to..well...errrr

good god.

I can't believe I actually started typing out a retort to this.

Heh. Let that be a lesson to you.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next