It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

Finding " Creativity" 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Finding " Creativity"
I bought this little book whilst passing through Singapore Airport a few months back , kind of impulsively. finally reading it , I have been a little inspired. The Author is a long established artist ( painter ) lecturer, academic and consultant on of all things, being creative.
I was a little sceptical at first but its a gazillion short 3 or 4 page Chapters on all sorts of People through the ages who have for want of a better term thought outside the Box away from Convention quite often, to persue their Music, art, writing , architecture or whatever. You can read it from the front or just open it anywhere, order is not important .
As I seek to partially reinvent myself ( again) I've really enjoyed it. It actually has been some food for creative thought.
How does this apply to STICK??
Its very much an New & open book/instrument as we know, and more and more I take in lots of info from lots of sources but there's no right way to play it , hold it , make it sound, that works for everyone. And for that I feel a little more free and experimental in my approach. Philosophy over.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Finding " Creativity"
Thanks for the tip, Bruce, looking forward to checking it out.

From the amazon.com page on it one takeaway is

"- Be as incompetent as possible."

Sounds like a fun book.

As far as The Stick goes, I believe we are most creative with the instrument when we don't try to make it a mere extension of our understanding other instruments (it's a bass plus a guitar, for example)

Emmett has some great commentary on this subject in this video:
https://www.facebook.com/10150136369180 ... 563025327/

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery