It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Rachel Flowers 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Rachel Flowers
Shit, she is a good player! Good fun to see! Reminds me of Swedish keyboard player Mats Öberg. The same controlled craziness combined with beauty. I am going to check her out! Thanks!

-Mobilis in mobil-

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:27 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Yeah, I thought of Mats, too. Amazing.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:36 am

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:36 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I will be putting some images and video together in the next few days from the FHA Fall workshop.

The event was very well attended and a real joy to be a part of. Our guests Randall Graetch, Emmett Chapman and Bob Culbertson collaborated beautifully in an open, round robin format that truly highlighted each player's talents. Big smiles and aha moments were abound. The trio of Flowers, Chapman and Allegria did not disappoint. We could all tell that Rick, Emmett and Rachel were having the time of their lives.

Rachel and her mother drove 40 miles each way to make the gig - her mother Jeanie was an absolute saint. She loaded gear, setup keyboards and made friends along with Rachel all along the way. Everyone that met Jeanine realized what a beautiful and wonderful woman she was, gracious with her time and energy and giving all her energy to her daughter - the whole thing chokes you up when you see how much of her life has been dedicated to her daughter. She NEVER complained once

Yes, we get to hear the music, see the smiles and gawk in astonishment of her talent (look her up hitting Boston's Foreplay / Long Time), but really the most beautiful moments were admired from afar with Rachel and her mother quietly embraced in a hug, talking with others at the club, just being family. The whole Chapman clan was present too (Diana, Grace and Yuta), so it was pretty special.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:14 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Kudos to you, Gene,

Always making it happen! I heard you played great stuff as well...

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery