It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

"What to do" What to do, what to do... 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: "What to do" What to do, what to do...
Stanley Jordan in his video says "Oh, it's easy. It's so easy..." And then plays some ridiculous thing while weeping. Me, I'm sitting on the couch drinking a beer thinking to myself "I need another beer. Maybe some Scotch..."

Kinda like when Yngwie plays this fast arpeggio thing for his "Instructional" video and then in the "slow" clip he says "...and here it is slow..." And then doesn't play it any slower, just with slightly less gain.

The Movie Whiplash "Not my tempo... Rushing or dragging...?" (Hurls chair)
Say whaaa-aaa-aaat?!? heheh

I think that speed is a byproduct of accuracy, and complicated things are usually comprised of a whole bunch of simple things.

Just my opinion.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:57 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Just don't turn YELLO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM9PqfE86j8&list=PL_EueQXDyk8n1l3Enp3x3OuQolzkg22AW

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:26 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

What did I just see? Lol

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:32 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Attachment:
IMG_0222.JPG
So, as I get ready for the new year I have this crazy bit of music that I want to get checked off my "list". I am not really learning it for any other reason other than it sounds cool, and I know it will help my playing and musicianship. The funny thing is that I have taken a few stabs at it. I almost got the whole thing down in mirrored 4ths, before going back to matched reciprocal.

Usually, to learn a new tune I have gotten the timeframes down to a few hours to get to a state of being able to "remember" it. This one, it took a week to get to a point of being able to play through the piece while still referencing the score. Lots of pretty advanced things going on in here, the least of which being the fingering. (Hence the 'tab' style transcription I am using this week...

Lol worse than anything, it looks like Bach wrote this piece for "children" and "beginners" and there's a bunch of other ones to learn. I learned it on keys this week, and it only took about 10 hours total to get a version that is passable... (And I'm not even a keyboardist/pianist)

Anyways, on Stick I got it down to 11 "2 measure exercises" and I can hack my way through them not too badly, but the real win is the effect a study like this is having on my other stick jamming.

Maybe this Stick thing ain't so easy after all, eh? Good thing it's fun and sounds awesome!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:00 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Maybe this Stick thing ain't so easy after all, eh? Good thing it's fun and sounds awesome!

Take heart in the second sentence, forget about the first sentence.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery