It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Greg Howard - Inspiring Video 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Greg Howard - Inspiring Video
Cruising across the ocean , trawling an old folder of random Stick videos on my laptop.
Found this little piece of inspiration. Not watched a heap of Gregs stuff but this really got me going. That left hand :o Anyway if you've not watched it, there's some intensity here worth seeing as he blasts through a medly of Beatles tunes. Great Stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXjEIQANes[/youtube]

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Greg Howard - Inspiring Video
I was in the audience when he performed that. It was great and everyone there really loved it. That was at the first Interlochen workshop 10 years ago. I’ve been showing that to people for 10 years and it does not get old for me. He’ll be there this summer and I’m looking forward to hearing what he’s doing now. (If I can make it. Fingers crossed!)

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Greg is and continues to be my go to teacher on the Stick.... He has embodied ALL aspects of the instrument , from set up, technique to playing.... He also really has a way of unlocking creative content inside the student by capitalizing on what they do best. My playing really took off when I started taking consistent lessons w/ Greg.... oh.... and he is a nice guy too!

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Greg motor fingers Howard is amazing. Definitely a Stick prodigy, not to mention all the instructional materials he has, and all the time, and effort he invested into expanding the Stick playing method. Certainly a passion not to be overlooked.

RoknRol

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

piratebruce wrote:
Cruising across the ocean , trawling an old folder of random Stick videos on my laptop.
Found this little piece of inspiration. Not watched a heap of Gregs stuff but this really got me going.

Thanks for the nod Bruce, This was a fun concert, very rewarding for me as the audience was almost all guitar fans. Sometimes this can make me feel like an "outsider", since I don't come from that background myself, but in this case it was really welcoming, plus I was opening up for Emmett (no pressure there ;) ). This was the first tune I played that night, so I came out swinging, and they loved it.

I'm really lucky to have several inspired musical moments captured by others on video. Along with this one I'd say the Tokyo "Goodbye Porkpie Hat", the Montreal Jazz Festival "Guitarresque" and the San Jose Stick Night "Big Bang #4965" are probably my favorites... Each of these performances has the same spirit of "going for it" and having it all come off.

There's nothing like the energy you get from a receptive audience... it feeds you.

I'm not as technically proficient as Bob, or as harmonically adventurous as Emmett, but I strive to put the full range of human emotion into my performance. That's something I think I have going for me.

Thanks again for checking it out.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:55 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rclere wrote:
Greg is and continues to be my go to teacher on the Stick.... He has embodied ALL aspects of the instrument , from set up, technique to playing.... He also really has a way of unlocking creative content inside the student by capitalizing on what they do best. My playing really took off when I started taking consistent lessons w/ Greg.... oh.... and he is a nice guy too!
Randy!

Your progress is really inspiring. Looking forward to the next one.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery