It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am

Bob Culbertson on a Game Show 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Bob Culbertson on a Game Show
I found this on YouTube. This must have been a lot of fun.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsxRFngtsw[/youtube]

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:40 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Bob Culbertson on a Game Show
We know that show well in Australia. Bob was a bit of a hit when that happened ( not surprisingly ) The series has been replayed and shown a few times, whenever it is I usually get a text message saying something like " quick turn on the TV there's a guy with a Stick like you have !! "
The show is from August 2010. On the panel that night is Chrissy Amphlett our most famous and full tilt rock chick from the band 'Divinlys" She was a bit like our Joan Jett. Bob finished the show with a Divinyls song " Boys in Town"
Sadly we lost Chrissy who died too young from the tragic combination of MS & Cancer at her Manhattan home in the US. Thanks for the reminder by the way.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:14 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

piratebruce wrote:
We know that show well in Australia. Bob was a bit of a hit when that happened ( not surprisingly ) The series has been replayed and shown a few times, whenever it is I usually get a text message saying something like " quick turn on the TV there's a guy with a Stick like you have !! "
The show is from August 2010. On the panel that night is Chrissy Amphlett our most famous and full tilt rock chick from the band 'Divinlys" She was a bit like our Joan Jett. Bob finished the show with a Divinyls song " Boys in Town"
Sadly we lost Chrissy who died too young from the tragic combination of MS & Cancer at her Manhattan home in the US. Thanks for the reminder by the way.

Yeah Pirate , nicely put.

I remember picking up the phone to ABC asking them if we could make this happen. I was surprised how quickly and enthusiastically they picked up on the offer of Bob C playing.

Werkspace, this was the second of Bob's visits that Evil Gus and I put on, mine was in Melbourne 2010 like Bruce said. Steve Balogh came all the way out for it! I was lucky enough to be informed that Chrissie was not well, ahead of time and had the pleasure to meet Charlie Drayton who was her partner. Never saw that one coming, but love is love and it was a beautiful thing. Charlie said one word to me, which was also a beautiful thing.

Anyhow, I've been so happy that we could make that happen for Bob at the time. I then found out later down the track that folk would come up to him a LOT at the San Francisco pier and buy cd's from him, on the basis of having seen him on Spicks and Specks. We didn't necessarily do very well financially with either visit, though I think Evil Gus weekend ran better for Bob when he organised the 2007 visit.

I believe that on each occasion, Bob has been coming out this way or using frequent flyer points to pay for his flight. The last video, Straya visit 2019 happened purely because of Bob's generosity and the fact he had a family holiday out this way.

We've been very fortunate for this all to have happened since 2007! Thanks for your enthusiasm and for sharing!

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:00 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks for the insights to all that Rad, fantastic. :D

As a result I've been sitting on the ship tonight watching the Divinyls live gigs on Youtube!

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

But apart from everything else ... he did the theme from HR Pufnstuf!! :lol:

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Bob's playing is so beautiful and such a joy to see being performed here as well.
Thanks for posting this !!

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:01 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

So cool!!!

https://www.facebook.com/rulyongo