It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 am

Emmett Chapman documentary ?? 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Emmett Chapman documentary ??
http://vimeo.com/69274940
It never occurred to me, to use a vibrating sander to level the frets.
http://www.emmettchapman.net/

I've always used a 4000/8000 whetstone.
https://www.amazon.ca/SueH-Design-Sharp ... 07J6NYB32/

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:49 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Emmett Chapman documentary ??
This amazing performance by Greg Howard in November 2003, marks the week I started shooting my documentary. I'm still shooting.

That type of live performance is why Emmett invented this instrument and method. No overdubs in a fully present and inspired 13:18 minutes of musical eloquence.

Funny, (after all we've been through since) performing it at The Gaslight Theater in San Jose takes on a whole new meaning, now. :lol:

Thanks George, for asking about my documentary. It hasn't been released yet. A 41-minute work-in-progress was shown at the Ventura Film Festival, also twice at the Free Hands Academy events in Bel Air, CA and again at the Stick Camp Majorca that Bruce mentioned. It's been a long road, Bruce, but it's not stalled. My most recent shoot was with Emmett on 8/26/19. It was a lengthy and fulfilling interview on the 50th anniversary of his discovery. Greg was there, too. It went really well. We covered a lot of ground.

Before that, I shot the commemorative concert at Guitar Merchant on 8/3/19, where Emmett and Yuta received a beautiful award as appreciation for everything the've given us all.

I'm also planning an upcoming shoot (possibly this month) for an awards ceremony for Emmett, put on by the City of Los Angeles. More on that later.

I know my website needs some updating, for sure. I admit I've neglected that, and do have upgrade wheels in motion.

I apologize to those who have been patiently waiting. I have sooo much material shot and so much written and conceived for it. What I don't have, and seriously need, are funds to go forward, in order to mount a proper release.

Thanks, Gene for your voice and body of support.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 pm