It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

Two of a Perfect Pair 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Two of a Perfect Pair
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but - this new instrument is very inspiring to me none the less !!

So, after what seemed like a very brief moment in time, now 18 months later my RB 8 has been delivered, and boy was it worth the wait !!
To my astonishment, it weighs a ton - which means it's going to sound great and I bet have real good sustain.
I figured I ought to do some side by side pictures of this new masterpiece next to a creation which Grace planted into my mind a few years back... the 2 basses in one SB 8...
I was/am truly amazed at the design and feel to the Railboard, as I had no idea the fretboard was going to be so so thin !!
Some may ask why I have the Railboard single region in Crafty tuning, and why the Stickbass is in the bass/melody configuration [even though it's two basses really!!] but this was totally done on purpose and I am most pleased with the result[s] as these 2 instruments truly complement one another perfectly.
I truly believe that Emmett's 8 string instruments are very underrated and to me anyway they are far more exciting from a playing standpoint than the 10 string instruments.
As for 12.... well... if I could find an original Grand Stick with the 5 bass 7 melody tuning made of oak... with the old style screw slots for the nut and bridge, yes the original 34 in scale Grand Stick... I'd be very tempted to make that a part of my Stick family too, but in all seriousness - with these 2 instruments here, there is nothing which I can not accomplish.
Thanks again Emmett, Grace, Jeff, Cambria [where is she these days ??] and everyone else associated with Stick Enterprises, along with the entire Sticklist community as well.
Although I seem to have nothing worthwhile in the way of being constructive when it comes to good advice, etc... I feel very privileged and proud to be a part of the Sticklist family as well.
Cheers Everyone !!

Big George + Loki the dog

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:29 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Two of a Perfect Pair
I dig the offset tuning peg configuration - good luck with being Crafty!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery