It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

Obscure and underrated bands 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Obscure and underrated bands
Andy,

To answer your very, very old question ( which I somehow missed), I loved Horrorscension. It is not the same band, to be sure. They went from a prog-metal thing to a sort of metal no-wave, avant-garde thing when Charlie quit and Weasel Walter stepped in. I loved "Deluge of Sores," because it has the most rock feel of any of those songs on the album. Great song. The others are quite angular and will alienate many of their fans, I am sure.

Colin and I talked about having him mix our last recording. It turned out that I sold my home and moved to another city instead. He's a good guy, a fantastic player and a great engineer.

On a different note, I wanted to share one of my favorite songs... from an obscure band called Cervello (another Italian band... did I already mention them?). I just love this piece:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wJvvm1o4k[/youtube]

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 pm