It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm

A Great weekend and ego boost 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: A Great weekend and ego boost
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.
Marty, my eldest son found the 'Infidel' shirt in the UK somewhere and sent me one. I'll ask him where from! I don't wear it around town tho' LOL! This venue was in the British Embassy so even the Kuwaities who showed up there thought it was hilairious.

An informal live session with a guy like Brody is certainly a validation of all the practice you've put in, and gives you a new perspective on your ability as a 'Stickist' (mine went from "I'm crap" to "MMMmm not to crappy").
Kev, I highly recommend any Jam session you can arrange, especially someone playing an instrument you also play like a guitar. I thought I'd have trouble watching his chord changes and following him on the Stick, but it was easy, and that suprised the hell out of me!

Your right on with the 'special musical moment', Luc (a much better one than when I got fried and fell over my Gibson J200 and snapped the neck off).

Quote:
Performance is the best end goal for any performer. While that sounds silly, I have found it to be true. Even when you have a bad performance, there are positive elements that can be gleaned from it.

Too True Gene! I'm working up to posting a video on here but have not as yet, developed what I'd consider the expertise (or the cahones).

Dave, I'm not to sure about the honorific
Quote:
Worldwide Ambassador of the Stick
but I sure as hell have got this part of the Middle East sewn up! :lol:

During my Skype session the other day with DBro', I mentioned that while I was explaining the Stick to Brody he asked me 'what tuning is it in?'. When I told him it was 6x6 Classic, he gave me a blank stare!
I explained that as the Stick does not have any open strings so there really is no 'Tuning' as you'd have with a guitar, violin or any other stringed instrument ( I could be wrong there). For me this added another facet of the Stick I'd not considered before, and Emmett's genius in creating it!

Well! That's enough from me I'm off to the UK for a couple of weeks and the wife has talked me into taking her to Dublin for Valentines (not a complete disaster as I've booked a "Connoisseur Tour" of the Guinness Brewery).

Cheers,
Eric.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 pm