It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Victor! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Victor!
Victor is someone to see or better yet to hear. The destination is music, bass just happens to be his choice of transportation. I have seen Victor in 2 different settings, one with his band, and another with Bela Fleck. This guy is on a level of musicianship that can inspire anyone. He thinks outside of tradition like Emmett and many of the greats. When we open our minds, it all relates...

Sun May 18, 2014 5:15 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Navigator wrote:
piano can play bass lines, cello does, organ and moog too. Somme guys play bass parts on MAC.
But if you make a topic like that there (especially among the pianists or MAC users) they will crucify you at once (or KILL U WITH FIRE).

Are you referring to this forum or others focused on those instruments? Stickist has a long history of friends talking about music. We've had nice chats about piano, cello, synths, effects, drums, etc. for a long time. That's why we have sections like "Stick Related" and "Teflon", which means non-Stick, just to be clear. We don't have many burnings at the stake or crucifixions here. One of the things that's unique about this forum compared to many others is that many of us have met in real-space and actually consider each other friends. Another thing about Stickists is that most of us have come from other instruments. Lots of us still play other instruments, too. Adding all this together means we have a forum made of friends with a shared interest in making music. We love the Stick but we love music even more. Anything that moves us forward in our shared quest for music in our lives should be, and is, part of this forum.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Sun May 18, 2014 7:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hey guys look who I got to shake hands with

Tue May 27, 2014 11:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AndyJPro wrote:
Hey guys look who I got to shake hands with

Awesome! I'll be seeing him with my daughter tomorrow. So, is he that short or are you that tall? :)

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Wed May 28, 2014 6:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm 6'1" for reference. I can never tell how tall anyone is! When I met the guys in Opeth I didn't realize 3/5 of them are like 6'3". I'm used to them being like 5 inches tall!

Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery