Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Ozric is back
An even more classic one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeuomc_rqu8

Thu May 21, 2015 1:46 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

is this last one just 7/7 or am i tripping? Like when it gets going on the second part, its like 7 but so groovy o=its killing me. Best band for tripping electronics and live instruments. YEA

Thu May 21, 2015 1:48 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Saw them in 94 at the Nsect Club in Hampton, VA. I think that was the tour they did to support "Strangeitude." Great show. Saw them again two years or so ago at the Jewish Mother in VA Beach. I think their live energy has diminished somewhat, but perhaps it was an off-night.

The chick who replaced their old bassist was great, and very friendly to boot. I spoke with them outside for a little while, really nice folks. I declined their offer to share the very fragrant and wholesome wares which they all seemed to be enjoying.

I really liked the "You" era Gong sound they had with Strangeitude and Erpland. Fantastic. Don't care much for the space-reggae. Cool to hear they're still doing their thing and kicking ass, though.

Thanks, Oceans.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Thu May 21, 2015 4:56 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

I totally see what you are saying. Thats sick you saw them then. Zia was the best bassist but the girl is almost as good. They are more chill now awadays.. They used to border on metal in the past with the synth raging. I love the same era, they keep going more slippery zipperly. U dig the ethereal cereal> ? yes, the great fragrance of ozrics intake I agree, its the bees knees

Thu May 21, 2015 6:52 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

I like the song titles "puff puff on a chuff chuff" and " fetch me the pongmaster" hah. Great

For real they keep getting more enlightened or whatever and the music is focusing in on this energy that has been different than the 90s ozric in a sense. Some exceptions but they got really chill, but then again all those tapes are pure chill so its hard to say much. I love the old 80's stuff with the gangster drum machine even.

Thu May 21, 2015 6:57 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Have a cup of tea mate. You dig then the vibes are so spot on its ridiculous....

Thu May 21, 2015 6:58 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Ladies and gents this new one is on flipping double VINYL too. It may be the first purchase of a cd/vinyl in 10 years. Thats the magnitude of this. I was almost caught robbing the electric fetus because the girl had it in her hands and then "blam"!!!! "sorry I can't sell till next tues.! AGHH the madness. I was considering a mask but I was the obvious mad tripper b4 telling the innocent girl how she NEEEDEd to sell it to me haha. Robbery but left the cash to pay so no jail time ehh?

Fri May 22, 2015 10:14 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Oh Man!! Thank for this... I had never heard them before... this stuff is incredible!!! :o :ugeek:

Sat May 23, 2015 4:40 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Yea I know they are somehow still underground after like 25+ years! Granted there were demo phases and whatnot but still. They painted their kinda of ethereal vibe throughout their entire career. To me this is unheard of. I mean yea they had lineup changes but it really kept the essence. Due to possibly the main man Ed, as a core seed of brilliance.

Sat May 23, 2015 7:43 pm