It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 what kind of music do you listen to except Stick ? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: what kind of music do you listen to except Stick ?
Yes,level42,keane,weather report,michael hedges, antoine dufour,don ross,steely dan,donald fagen,paul young, anything pino palladino has played on,elton john,eric Clapton joan armatrading(the shouting stage)sugar cult, the szuters,fountains of wayne,vince guarldi, doobie brothers,jason falkner, jellyfish,john elefante,old styxmark egan(mosaic)white lies,outfield,jamiraquai,everything but the girl,kansas, jeff beck,fleetwood mac ,maroon five,van halen,lindsey Buckingham,christine mcvie,stevie nicks,kraftwerk,stanley clark,queen beatles,rush, paul mcartney

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:29 pm
Contributor
Contributor

gpoorman wrote:
Jayesskerr wrote:
Jellyfish, The Beatles, Rush, Jeff Beck, Steve Morse all in heavy rotation this week!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Around 1991 or 1992, my wife and I along with some friends went down to St. Andrews Hall (smallish club in Detroit) to see World Party. The opening act that night was an unknown band Jellyfish from California touring in support of their debut record. We were all blown away. They were a four piece with all four members singing and doing some of the richest vocal harmonies we'd ever heard. They were obviously heavily influenced by groups like the Beatles as well as the power pop bands of the 70s (Supertramp, Cheap Trick, etc). In addition to the wonderful original tunes, they also nailed some fairly ambitious cover tunes like "Live and Let Die", "The Logical Song", and "No Matter What".

We had a new favorite band. In 1993 they followed up with their second album which was arguably better than the first. The thing I loved about these guys was their ability to nail the tunes live in spite of the lush studio production and the layers of vocals.

We saw them live two more times after that. Once as a headliner and again as an opening act for Tears for Fears. After the second album, they imploded and self destructed.

A real shame. But if you don't know them and like really well done old school pop rock, check them out.

nice blade runner quote

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:30 pm
Contributor
Contributor

gpoorman wrote:
So thanks to this thread, I've been blasting both "Bellybutton" and "Spilt Milk" all day. These tunes simply never get old.

the guitar solo in big mistake is so sublime. gets me every time.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:34 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Nicola wrote:
I listen mainly to Jazz.

My last listen:

Jimmy Scott

Inger Marie Gunderssen

Joe Diorio

Other than jazz:

Ami Winehouse

David Sylvian

Dominic Miller

Jobim & various Bossa Nova artists

Mina

Noa

Anything hitting my curiosity

Funny, but I usually don't listen to Stick music, even if I have many CDs from most famous Stick players.
Thinking about it, this is probably due to the several kind of music it is played on the Stick, which still not include what I would like to listen to, because there is a bunch of still unexplored Stick music possibilities, IMHO.

I really love your version of pat metheny's "if I could"

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:36 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I have to say oranges and lemons was a huge listen to me back in the nineties as well as nonesuch.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9