It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

The Peerless Tommy Emanual 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: The Peerless Tommy Emanual
Music is communication I've always though. What one plays may touch you deeper than anything else on earth, while what another person plays may do the same for someone else. Amazing thing, music... Really :)

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:25 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Very true

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Captain,
Really great post and getting back to our hero..... Tommy Emmanuel. A wonderful friend and SKYPE student of mine highly suggested I go see him if he ever comes to town. and he did!

So, I bought 1 (one) ticket [ don't feel bad- sometimes when I go to see someone of this caliber, I just want to sit back, enjoy and soak it all in, not being bugged about any non essential peripherals] , and I was totally amazed.

One of my longtime heros is Leo Kottke, who I was able to see live and who put on a great show with amazing dexterity. NO apples and oranges here, Tommy Emmanuel did more things with a guitar than I thought humanly possible, but also entertained, danced, told jokes and stories and while he was doing all his pryotechniques, he smiled the whole time no matter how difficult or exacting the music was.

The best part vox populi was that I met him after the show, and told him I played a Chapman Stick. He looked up amazed, smiled and said "Yes, A Chapman Stick!" So that alone clinched it!

Without further ado, "Mombasa"! -enjoy! NO LOOPERS-ALL LIVE!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hb7DYgcwSo[/youtube]

Dave Brosky "DBro"

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Well I cant go past this one, Tommy was here in Melbourne last week but unfortunately I missed it. However, he of course hails from down under and it is nearly 25 years ago that I used to see him and brother Phil jamming on a Sunday afternoon in Sydney at a great little pub in the " Rocks" area by the harbour.
No better way to drink beer than watching these two going for it.
About the same time I attended a guitar clinic where he also got behind a drum kit and was a pretty tidy drummer as well. Someone asked the inevitable question " how do you get that good at guitar ?"
So decades on I can reveal the answer, drum roll, " Stay in your room , practice lots and eat pizza" !
Remember it well, still love pizza. :D

Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery