It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

The Daily Dance, Interlochen High School Jazz Ensemble 1979 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post The Daily Dance, Interlochen High School Jazz Ensemble 1979
Hi all,

Back in the old days, when the summer camps left Interlochen to go home, we were given vinyl LPs of the "greatest hits" from our concerts. I ran across all three of my LPs recently and am slowly on a mission to rip the music to my computer.

This is from the High School Jazz Ensemble in 1979. The tune is called "The Daily Dance" and was written by Bill Holman.

I was just going into my senior year in high school. I played tenor saxophone on this recording. The standouts in this band were Patrick Stoyanovich on piano, Robert Reeves on alto saxophone (the 2nd sax solo), and Todd Shuba on drums. Of course there was our wonderful band leader Barton Polot.

Not bad for a bunch of high schoolers.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: The Daily Dance, Interlochen High School Jazz Ensemble 1
I like that tune. Those were the days eh? I was doing jazz vocal in junior high and we had a great stage band. Later, when I was directing Jazz Combos and playing bass in the big band I was happy again. Wish we could all go back.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:09 pm