It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 am

New vid - Jam for StickFest 2006 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post New vid - Jam for StickFest 2006
Hi everyone.

I finally got around to posting this. Unlike Steve's much vaunted Compass system, I seem to be "walking" around in circles. But I like it okay. Hope you do, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFEg5DwWEtQ

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: New vid - Jam for StickFest 2006
Man... you got the funk... got the shredding... leave the spaces... you are a monster Greg.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:35 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Man! What a fun jam! You were definitely hitting a "zone" by that time.

What a fantastic day that was all the way around. Stick performances from around noon until around 10:00 at night. I think my favorite moment was looking out and realizing that Emmett drew the largest crowd that night. Pretty much a sea of people down Liberty St.

Glenn

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

gpoorman wrote:
Man! What a fun jam! You were definitely hitting a "zone" by that time.

What a fantastic day that was all the way around. Stick performances from around noon until around 10:00 at night. I think my favorite moment was looking out and realizing that Emmett drew the largest crowd that night. Pretty much a sea of people down Liberty St.

Glenn

Hi Glenn (and Walter),

Thanks for the kind comments. I remember changing for my set in a building down the street, with the window open and hearing Gary Jibilian just tear it up!, but you are right, Emmett stole the show, and there was a great crowd.

Michigan is a kind of locus for the Stick world, thanks to you and Oz. Great memories.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

That is fantastic stuff. As usual, your sound is as captivating as what your are playing. To that end, I was wondering if you could share what you used to get that lush distortion around the six minute mark?

Again, very nice job
Steve

#5313 10 String Paduak
Silver Pearl Linear Inlays
PASV4
Matched Reciprocal

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Tenstrings wrote:
That is fantastic stuff. As usual, your sound is as captivating as what your are playing. To that end, I was wondering if you could share what you used to get that lush distortion around the six minute mark?

Again, very nice job
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind comments, here and on YouTube.

The EMG pickup on the melody side is step one for that great sound. This instrument has a hybrid Stickup in the bass and EMG on the melody. The processing used for that sound is a combination of TC Fireworx, which provides a little limiting/compression and possibly some filtering (though to be honest, I can't really tell if the filter is engaged at that point) and the Boss SE-70. The patch I use has an auto-wah into compression into distortion and a nice heavy delay.

Add some happy fingers and voila!

I just can't say enough good things about the SE-70. For all it lacks in terms of controllers (only 4 parameters/patch) and a fairly weak reverb engine, it's analogue effects (slow gear, auto wah, compression distortion) just sound great. And don't get me started on the Rotary speaker simulator. The best. If you can find one for a decent price, buy it.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:23 am
Profile My Photo Gallery