It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:28 am

Footprints 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Footprints
Hey guys!

Here's Footprints, I'm still scuffling with it please tell me what you think, sorry for the darkness, I'm having equipment issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1OgUfG ... annel_page

Thanks!

10 String BM Tarara Stick #5334
Bergen Norway

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Footprints
Wow, big improvement. There's much more flow and swing than the previous offerings. And you're being more adventutrous in the solo section. Excellent. Keep progressing forward.

Gustave Wind

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:33 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Quote:
Wow, big improvement. There's much more flow and swing than the previous offerings. And you're being more adventutrous in the solo section. Excellent. Keep progressing forward.

Gustave Wind

Thanks Steve! The Kerchunks not in there yet though, but hearing this from you means a lot! Would not have been possible without your insight and input from the seminar! Your really really right by the way, I leaned the walking patterns till I could play them while chewing gum walking and watching Star Trek, it really really works! The fourth finger is also great, and have found a balance between what you've shown me and what Greg has, I think the both of you have so much to teach and show and with his arm and finger techquies and your fourth finger involvement and walking patterns I'm finding my way around! Eric and I are working on "I Wish" and I think we will both have it grooving soon, Eric really has it sounding great!. Oh Steve I have a question for you pertaining to Footprints. How would you play the bridge, chord-wise?

Bergen Norway

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:49 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

>>>How would you play the bridge, chord-wise?<<<

What bridge? It's a twelve bar blues. If you mean the last 4 measures, your changes sound fine. There are many variations depending on the source of the sheet music. If you play the tune with other musicians just decide on which chords you will use. They just unwind back to the resolution of Cminor.

Ed U. Kayshun

Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Steve- really great job! nice flowing lines, and I really like the improv. hey, you ARE ready to play out!!!

junkfood for thought- I heard a version of this on Stick where on (at least) the first 8 bars of the melody, try playing the lower adjacent string, ie. a 4th down, ie. from Bb would be F, for the whole first 8 bars. it'll add some variation coming out of the solo and some hip stacked 4ths.

on the bass line, play as light of a touch as you can on all the notes, except to hold and really hit the last note or minor 3rd. (eb- off of the Cm if that is the chord). you can slide up to it, to put you in position to get back to the root note. remember it is a tapping instrument and, to borrow from hockey (Glenn you'll love this!) STICK and MOVE! :D you just need to get the notes out there, unless it has some held significance. this will help you free your mind over to your melody side.
hope it helps, and keep up the great work!
dave brosky- Pittsburgh

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks man!

That's all I want to do PLAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bergen Norway

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

giedosst wrote:
Eric and I are working on "I Wish" and I think we will both have it grooving soon, Eric really has it sounding great!.

Thanks! It's encouragement like this that keeps me going and keeps me from feeling too isolated. You started after me and now I won't ever catch you!

Ah, to be young...

-Eric (the more gray everyday)

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I don't know if its as much youth as not having a girlfriend.....

Bergen Norway

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

8-) The circler pattern of the left hand is a visual treat. I have never seen playing quite like that before.
I also like the way the bass sits tonally inside the melody. I don't think you were trying to make a stellar recording and on that line the melody is too hot. But there is something about the sound of the bass that is very pleasing to the ear and really gives the impression that there are
two distinct personalities. Nice.
^j^
. ~

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56 am