It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 am

Request: Never Gonna Give You Up played on a Stick 

Post Request: Never Gonna Give You Up played on a Stick
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for a video of someone playing Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" on a Chapman Stick. I've searched on google and youtube and haven't come up with anything, but it seems like something that must exist.

If such a video doesn't exist, I implore the members of this board to help me out and create the world's first StickRoll. Think about it: Any time someone wants to post a fake story about Tony Levin's death or Sean Malone guesting on the new Britney Spears album, everyone who clicks will see you. You'll be immortalized.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Request: Never Gonna Give You Up played on a Stick
That's a dubious honor.

10 String BM Tarara Stick #5334
Bergen Norway

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi everyone! This is my first post, so please be easy on me! :D

I gotta say, I found this corner of the web Googling for "StickRoll" and was surprised to find that nobody's covered Never Gonna Give You Up on Chapman or Warr Guitar. I've been hoping to prank my bandmates with it in our weekly band practice update email. As a Stick player for going on six years, I figured someone had to have done it, but no dice!

I'd cover it myself but no webcam here... :( Anyway, I'm just writing to show my support for the poster of this thread and encouragement for this community! And hey, maybe I'll stick around and join in the Stick Chat! :mrgreen:

- Darren

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:26 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Also looking for the following 80's classics:

- (Tears For Fears) "Everybody wants to rule the world" played on the mighty Megatar - preferably by Traktor himself. The recorded version would be easy to find by searching for "Chapman Stick" on eBay.

- A Warr Guitar rendition of "Tainted Love" (Soft Cell). Ahh, those love/hate relationships...

- "Fishheads" (by ...?) performed live on Koyabu board. Raw fish has never sounded this good before.

And for the Stick request; how about "Mirror in the bathroom" (The Beat)? The only way for most of us to know what the hell we're playing, and let's be honest, the best way to admire yourself with the "big wood" strapped on.

All in good fun, guys...

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:26 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

adde65 wrote:
Also looking for the following 80's classics:

- (Tears For Fears) "Everybody wants to rule the world" played on the mighty Megatar - preferably by Traktor himself. The recorded version would be easy to find by searching for "Chapman Stick" on eBay.

- A Warr Guitar rendition of "Tainted Love" (Soft Cell). Ahh, those love/hate relationships...

- "Fishheads" (by ...?) performed live on Koyabu board. Raw fish has never sounded this good before.

And for the Stick request; how about "Mirror in the bathroom" (The Beat)? The only way for most of us to know what the hell we're playing, and let's be honest, the best way to admire yourself with the "big wood" strapped on.

All in good fun, guys...

Cheers,
Andy

Hilarious, Andy!

Thank for the chuckle this morning.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

never gunna give you up, sounds stick on the sick!!

good idea

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Fishheads, (Roly-Poly Fishheads!) was by Barnes and Barnes, I think one of them was Billy Mumy, the young boy in "Lost In Space).

Also an early appearance from friend of the band, Bill Paxton.

Eat them up... Yumm!

"Tahlulla", Rosewood 10 String #1082 & "Prince Of Darkness", Polycarb 10 String #2005

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:38 am