It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

Stick tune - Sound of Silence 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Stick tune - Sound of Silence
bachdois wrote:
Just got to listen to this one now. Really cool, and a lot of creativity in there! How about a real recording of some of this stuff? Your own polished and original arrangements of some of this songs... just saying... I just think you have some really great ideas that I would never have come up with, therefore, a lot to learn from. ;)

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Hey man! Thanks for checking it out, Rodrigo! It means a lot to me that someone will take a sec or two to listen to my practicing!

I'm still getting the 'rudiments' of playing this instrument together. Maybe in a few years I will be ready to seriously record something that will stand on it's own and not be too derivative. Practice, practice!

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:23 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Well done Scott! I wish I had the time to do all the engineering you are doing behind the music. For me, I barely have enough time to practice, and I have very little interest in trying to make the sound different through recording techniques... mostly cuz I don't have a clue how to do that lol!
Keep it up man, you will soon be labeling yourself "A pretty damn good not the worst potentially decent wannabe Stickist" hahaha!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

RandO wrote:
Well done Scott! I wish I had the time to do all the engineering you are doing behind the music. For me, I barely have enough time to practice, and I have very little interest in trying to make the sound different through recording techniques... mostly cuz I don't have a clue how to do that lol!
Keep it up man, you will soon be labeling yourself "A pretty damn good not the worst potentially decent wannabe Stickist" hahaha!

lol I like it, I may have to use it... maybe next year! hahaha "A pretty damn good not the worst potentially decent wannabe Stickist"

As far as the tune goes, thanks for checking it out, man! I literally hit the record button, sightread it down and added some reverb afterwards lol nothing fancy to be seen or heard! Workin' hard, I do my 'chores' every day...

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:45 pm