It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

Stick Tune - Here Comes The Sun 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Stick Tune - Here Comes The Sun
kevin-c wrote:
Sounds like three hands in there Scott, particularly at the 13-15 second mark. Pretty cool man.

cheers,
kev

Nope, only two hands in there. I will make a video of it this weekend, maybe one measure at a time or something...

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Not too bad at all, Scott! I don't know what to make of the bass flourish just before the chorus yet, but the harmonies at the end of the chorus were a welcome surprise. You often ask for opinions, but I think you really don't need them anymore. You are your own animal now! You have skills(on multiple instruments, only you can say if they pay the bills), music theory knowledge, and are developing a style all your own. Many people don't ever get there, or when they do, people don't get them.

Inspiring as always.

Mike

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

mike kemp wrote:
Not too bad at all, Scott! I don't know what to make of the bass flourish just before the chorus yet, but the harmonies at the end of the chorus were a welcome surprise. You often ask for opinions, but I think you really don't need them anymore. You are your own animal now! You have skills(on multiple instruments, only you can say if they pay the bills), music theory knowledge, and are developing a style all your own. Many people don't ever get there, or when they do, people don't get them.

Inspiring as always.

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for checking it out! You know, I just like talking about music stuff, and seeing what folks are up to and rocking out and whatnot... I post these things in the spirit of sharing ideas, maybe getting some other folks interested in sharing an idea or two... Not a lot of tappers around where I live... hahaha

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Not a lot of tappers around where I live... hahaha

Same here. Good stuff, Scott, real good. Be true to your school.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery