It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

Stick Tune - Stella By Starlight 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Stick Tune - Stella By Starlight
Jzzb8ovn wrote:
Hey Scott I’m loving your form of forum torture. Keep it up. I’m hoping to start posting but darn I’m too busy with other projects at the moment. I for one love this tune and as a trumpet player love the jazz side if things. Lots of awesome chords here. Maybe way too many which I m guessing might be partly why Steve might not be a jazz fan.

:D
I can't wait to hear what you come up with, man. Everything you do is top notch in my book. Some folks dig some stuff more than others, I am cool with it. Love it or hate it, it's here for discussion! Haha

Ahh yes, I have grown quite fond of my musical "reigns of terror". I will never stop, I fear it may have become a "thing" here. Good fun. Thanks for checking it out!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Stick Tune - Stella By Starlight
:D I think that sometimes a lot of jazzers will severely over-complicate the music they play for one reason or another. I know that I have been guilty on occasion of overplaying. It doesn't appeal to everybody to listen to that kind of overplay/overarrange.

Y'know, I think that the toughest things for drummers to play on, are like "slow ballads". Keeping a groove on a slow, open and airy ballad Without succumbing to the temptation to go Mike Portnoy on it is probably a challenge unto itself...

Harmonically, jazz can be ear-twisting. Especially as one gets into the improv aspect of the genre. There are some notes being superimposed over certain harmonies that the average listener simply will not like... And that's okay in my book!

Don't forget about the 2017 Online Collaboration, dudes!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 am