It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

Learn a tune challenge. 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Learn a tune challenge.
Have fun guys. I would join you but my memory/learning disabilities don’t allow me to learn at that kind of pace. I’ll cheer you on though.

Brett

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I like the idea.
Mike

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Brett Bottomley wrote:
Have fun guys. I would join you but my memory/learning disabilities don’t allow me to learn at that kind of pace. I’ll cheer you on though.

Brett

This thread has me stoked.

It’s the attempt that’s important my man! Give it a whirl, I bet you’re better at it than you think! Plus, maybe it gives you some ideas and takes you in a different direction? I love your playing man, looking forward to new riffs!

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Brett we need cheerleaders. Mike Glad you con join in on the fun. I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing everyone’s approach. Even if it’s just 8 bars Or more I know I can get thru about half of Bohemian now but hoping I can get it all done and polished. If I don’t get it done it’s still pushes me to git r done. I guess Bohemian is to this as war and peace is to books. Kind of epic and a big undertaking. next months song of the month can be simpler

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Great idea, but I would expand the song selection..

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Hey Boaz. my idea was to at the beginning of the month have everyone and anyone suggest a song and then Ill do up a poll and the song with the most votes will be the song of the month. I just Picked Bohemian Rhapsody as something to get the ball rolling. Hopefully Feb 1st we will have some submissions in various states and we can watch and enjoy and learn from each other. The deadline is not written in stone and people can post their version of the tune at any point in the future. ( maybe for those who were working on it and couldnt finish it) Then Ill ask for suggestions for the next months song of the month. then post a survey or poll to pick the one we will work on for March 1st and so on. We ll see how it goes.

Website robgellner.com

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm on it. hahaha I will post a vid this weekend of what I get done, are you gonna make a new thread so that all of the tune posts for the monthly challenge are in one thread? It would be very cool to have one giant thread filled with a bunch of Stick players doing their thing. What a cool resource too, it would be basically in one place!

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

"gonna make a new thread so that all of the tune posts for the monthly challenge are in one thread? It would be very cool to have one giant thread filled with a bunch of Stick players doing their thing. What a cool resource too, it would be basically in one place!"

Once Feb 1 comes around Ill post a thread just for Bohemian Thapsody. Dont rush Its not a contest to see who can put it together first. You would always win. You are the speedy Gonzales of the stick. You learn tunes super fast.

Website robgellner.com

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I’m still working out the arrangement of Bohemian. I can play all the way though but have a bunch of rough spots to iron out. What inspired me to pick the tune was I was surfing YouTube as I often do and came across this harpeji video and thought stick would sound better.

This was my inspiration. I loved the Ukelele video. I usually look for other videos to get ideas from.

Hoping to record my version in a week or so. Warts and all. Next months will hopefully be easier.

Website robgellner.com

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
I’m still working out the arrangement of Bohemian. I can play all the way though but have a bunch of rough spots to iron out. What inspired me to pick the tune was I was surfing YouTube as I often do and came across this harpeji video and thought stick would sound better.

This was my inspiration. I loved the Ukelele video. I usually look for other videos to get ideas from.

Hoping to record my version in a week or so. Warts and all. Next months will hopefully be easier.

Holy crappamoly! Okay, that rendition just fried my mind hahaha That was totally crazy! My version will be about .05% as good as that, just saying... :D

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 pm